Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok thanks to the help of Nick (weekendwarriorfs32w) we instaled a pre pump and in tank kit. Also did the Hutch and Harpoon mod. after install I went to fill tank up and it started leaking from top of tank. I can't see but the hoses fell dry but on top of the sending unit felt wet. Has anyone had this prob? Everything was tight just dont want to have to drop tank again.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sounds like your feed hose most likely or the return has a bad (leaking) connection. No matter what if its coming from the top you are gonna have to drop the tank again.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
That top can be a real PIA to get seated properly.

X2 for dropping it.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I put the ring out in the hot texas sun for a while. It helped. Bet you have it cross threaded. Might think about raising the bed. I thought everybody was crazy talking about it, but when I changed my bed, I found out how really simple it is.

·
Hoosier daddy!
1,700 Posts
I second Andy's thoughts... I couldn't get the ring started when I did these mods on my truck... Set it in really hot water for a few minutes and finally got it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
could take the bed off, since tank is full.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea we put it in hot water and used hammer and 2x4. That was my next question is it easier to pull the bed off or drop the tank? The tank came down fine but it was not so easy to get back in.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Eight bolts T50 IIRC, might be T55. Disconnect the filler neck. Raise it up enough to get to it. You will see where it is leaking.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I used Vaseline on the threads to get it started after about an hour of trying. Load the threads up with Vaseline, get it started and then give it a smack on the high side to even it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok took bed off truck this morning and fuel was leaking from the collar. was able to tighten it a full turn or turn and a half. Hopefully that fixed it. It was much easier to lift the bed I think. Thank you to everyone for the help.

·
Clyde's got it
73 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you got it fixed. That collar is a PIA to get threaded. Once I get it started good I tighten it up with a pair of BFCL's.(big effin' channel locks)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Glad to see you got it, I finally learned the trick. Put the collar in the microwave for a couple minutes. That worked well too. I DON'T THINK I would use the 2x4 and hammer method, on a plastic piece? IT IS threaded, and will screw on just fine if you do it right,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts