Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not so happy after doin my drags tonight got consistent 2.1xx 60's and 15.7xx 1/4 miles at 84.xx 2 races on 140 ag file and last one the one that was 4 hundreths slower on the 120 race file in all with 3 degrees ambient air of eachother what im really unhappy about is with my stock trans, western diesel chip, stock turbo, stock CAC, stock fuel pump, stock high pressure oil pump, 197 thermostat and stock clutch fan i ran a 15.8xx with a 1.9 60 consistantly i spent over 10,000 for a tenth of a second? :lame: thinking of sending the chip to jody with a dyno pull print out and maybe he can see where the "dead spots" in my powerband are
anyone with similar mods to me have any times?

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I don't see anything in your sig that would make you any faster????

Jody's programs are a heck of a lot safer that WD and faster to boot. not bad

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
You don't have 10K of engine mods in your sig. Do you still have stock injectors? How much boost are you making and do you see any black smoke once you are making boost? You are probably in need of more fuel if you want to go faster.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
Do you happen to have an in-cab fuel pressure gauge? Loss of fuel pressure could be a culprit.

·
Limp Member
147 Posts
You don't have 10K of engine mods in your sig. Do you still have stock injectors? How much boost are you making and do you see any black smoke once you are making boost? You are probably in need of more fuel if you want to go faster.
He never said $10K in engine mods. He said 10K to go faster... Maybe you should re-read his signature.

About the only thing he is lacking now is injectors, maybe big oil, and the correct tunes to put it all together.

OP I do think your times are a hair slow, but not out of line. My truck with chip, intake, exhaust and not much else went 15.5. What fuel pressure are you running?

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I was just saying that he doesn't have anything in his sig that should make him faster. He has a better than stock turbo, but no more fuel.

I don't see any real power adder there besides a chip. With "just a chip" those are respectable times, and we all know they can vary from track to track, day to day, etc.

I don't think he should be worried, just get some FUEL. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im sorry i do have terminator twin pumps and tuning for them forget that in the new sig
chip 400
exhaust 750
pumps 2200?
turbo and intercooler 2200
trans 4000
fuel pressure spring cheap
afe st 2 intake 430
FASS 150 pump with seperator 600

10580 in parts let alone all the hours i think its slow for what it is i ran 15.8 before the big oil and like i said turbo intercooler trans new chip blah blah blah :shrug::shrug:

·
<<<<< Next Generation
1,994 Posts
Are you going Fri.????
What ill do is hook up the Auto E. and you take a run down the track get some data on it.
You may have the same problem i did.Did pretty much all the mods you have and dynoed at 302hp/6??tq.
Jody did what he could in Tennessee,felt better but in PA dynoed at 304hp.Had a few people including Jody scratching there heads,we all came to the conclusion my Injectors were poop.Well now with the B-codes im runnin 14.1's
which puts me around 425HP.
We will look at it Fri.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
tranny doesn't make you go faster...it just lets you.:poke:
you need about three more things and you will be set.

1. you need bigger squirters....(I like hybird 530's /mini me's etc)

2. you need your chip retuned for everything...
(i hear the tranny can be adjusted as well)

3. if you didn't put a larger pickup in your tank you may want to ...
(not sure if the fass makes you )
while your at it check out hutch and harpoon mods. regulated return etc..

with that you should be just about ready to almost anythying....
maybe even blow a headgasket if you get crazy with the boost.
but i would think you would be in the 14's .....especially if you get big injectors.

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
Not sure that anyone noticed....your a dually dude.....you have to be one heavy beast.

The best I have seen dyno on stock sticks is 350 HP

that kind of horsepower is not going to move that heavy truck much.

I agree you have spent all the money on supporting mods.....but now you need the fuel to go with it.

I think 15.5 15.6 is the best your setup will do, without more fuel. Heck even a set of nozzles on your stock sticks would help.

JMHO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ill be there tomm. gonna try the 80hp tune im ready to sell this thing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i do not...

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Not sure that anyone noticed....your a dually dude.....you have to be one heavy beast.

The best I have seen dyno on stock sticks is 350 HP

that kind of horsepower is not going to move that heavy truck much.

I agree you have spent all the money on supporting mods.....but now you need the fuel to go with it.

I think 15.5 15.6 is the best your setup will do, without more fuel. Heck even a set of nozzles on your stock sticks would help.

JMHO
I agree 100%. Stock injectors in that heavy rig, your not so slow. Throw is some B codes, and let her rip, but don't expect 12's with a truck that big and heavy, without a built engine and NOS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
low 14's would make me happier than hell got her to run a 15.63 friday with bogger and some of the other jersey guys down at raceway park
looking into injectors now...

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
what is the 1/8 mile and trap speed?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts