Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Diamond eye stainless dual kit because thats all I could afford. Anyone have any reports on how they hold up. I know its low grade stainless but I'm hoping it lasts a little while.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
They hold up well, in most areas, but duals are a [email protected] to line up.
Don't tighten everything till you get a 2nd set of eyes on it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to try to replace as many clamps as I can with the stainless band clamps so I can take it apart if I need to but a lot of the clamps are also the hangers so...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS REALLY SUCK!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have em sure, its all together but the kicker is that the passengers side pipe is about 4" closer to the tire than the drivers side one but there both the same height from the ground so it must be how the pipes bent?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Don't supppose the pipe is backwards...but I have not seen the actual kit.

4" is a lot to be out

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't supppose the pipe is backwards...but I have not seen the actual kit.

4" is a lot to be out
it cant be its the over the axle pipe only fits one way or I would have a stack lol

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Did you buy the dual, tailgate stack kit? J/K Loosen everything up. Start aligning and tightening from the back to the front. See if that helps.

4" off seems like a lot. But if you think about it, a rookike could have been bending the pipe. Made a mistake on outside/inside measurement. Bang, you have a four inch mistake.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have their 4" duals. Do you have the "y" pipe standing up and not laying flat? Understand that?lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The mud flaps are bolted to a cross member so there dead even...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have their 4" duals. Do you have the "y" pipe standing up and not laying flat? Understand that?lol
yup i do... made that mistake once on a friends silverline kit

·
Registered
433 Posts
it dont look too far off,try moving the "y" pipe to the drivers side ...it might only have to go an inch..if that.an inch there will give you 2 inches of movement on the tail ends,and 1 side moves closer to the tire 2 inches the other side moves away 2 inches...theres your 4..long story short,just try shifting the y a little, i bet it helps

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
might have a melted flap in the makin there, not sure if it will get hot enough ,
but the recipe looks possible.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
might have a melted flap in the makin there, not sure if it will get hot enough ,
but the recipe looks possible.
naah I took it around town today wasn't a problem Idk wtf is going on thow its kinda disappointing I don't think I can move the y pipe to much cause then the over the axle pipe will hit the shock... :confused:

·
Registered
317 Posts
The driver's side pipe is correct. You just need to move the passenger side one back to match. They exit at an angle, not at a 90 like the factory exhaust.

If you loosen the passenger side pipe at the muffler and the joint over the axle you will be able to rotate that pipe back like the other one.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The driver's side pipe is correct. You just need to move the passenger side one back to match. They exit at an angle, not at a 90 like the factory exhaust.

If you loosen the passenger side pipe at the muffler and the joint over the axle you will be able to rotate that pipe back like the other one.
It hits the shock thow if I do that

1 - 20 of 28 Posts