Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, my truck is a 2002 F350, its a six speed, all that is done to it as far as i know is 4 inch turbo back exhaust, and an Edge Evolution programmer. I have the programmer sent on the #2 setting right now, which gives me good zip without pushing very much excess fuel out the tailpipe. On my way home from work last night, i was climbing a pretty steep hill, and i got on it just to see what it would do, almost to the top my engine light came on, i didnt think anything of it, ran fine, temps and whatnot were good, , looked the codes up when i got home and the frist one was for ICP uncontrollable pressure above desired. The second one was for excessive ICP. Now ive been around alot of the International engines as i have worked at i dealer for over a year, and i have never seen too much ICP, What could this mean, that i was just pushing it to hard and it was building more ICP than it needed. Please pitch in anything that may be helpful, thanks.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
More than likely the Edge was calling for XXXX amount of ICP and your HPOP could Not supply the demand called for in the program. In short quick burst of power it usually is not a problem but an extended burst like maybe 10-15 seconds it will trip a code.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is it safe to say that nothing is wrong just the programmeris saying it needs more than it can get, and it happened twice but only when you really get on it, just wondering if this is ok or if i should really worry about it

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
You can try and contact Bill or Cody at Power Hungry Performance and see what they have to say. Here is a link to PHP.http://www.gopowerhungry.com/_about.shtml
Bill was responsible for the calibration codes for Edge.

·
2000 F350 SuperDuty 4x4
1,009 Posts
What were the actual DTC's (P-xxxx)?

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
1211*
IPR
ICP pressure above/below desired
IPR valve, grounded IPR circuit, high pressure oil leak

1282 *
IPR
Excessive ICP pressure
Faulty IPR regulator (sticking), circuit short to ground

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.