·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used one any opinions

·
Boomer
364 Posts
No I have not used one and I'm not sure what they are going for. But for 350$ you could get customs tunes from darrell at dpp. Plus he's a sponsor on here and he a great guy to do business with. Or for some more money you could go with any other sponsor on here.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I bought my truck it came with the diablo race chip it made good power but I had to watch my egts. Then I got custom tunes on my ts chip I got more power and didn't have to watch the egts as much. If you get the diablo watch your egts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had an edge programmer on my truck for awhile the switched to PHP tunes and I love them. Just watch sanding your contact strips down to much.

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
stay away, when I started this diesel addiction, I started with the diablo sport the trans shifting had quite a bit to be desired. You can get a better product for equal or less money from a sponsor here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the diablo on my 02 for a few years. Shifting in highest hp setting (I think it was called 100?) was horrible. Couldnt even stand to drive it. The setting below that was 80 or 85 and it didnt mess with the shifting quite as much so thats where it stayed most of the time. Just didnt have as much power.

Really didnt realize how bad the tunes were till I finally sold it and got custom tunes from matt at gearhead. Night and day difference. Way more power and shifting is perfect. Now there were updates you can download off diablos website if you get the newer model programmers but mine was too old to get the updated files. (Cost like 100 dollars plus shipping to get them to update the older models for you) so i cant say how the "updated" tunes were. Im not saying they were horrible tunes they just dont seem to have the quality that custom tunes do... just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had an edge evo starting out but ditched it about a yr later and went with a custom tuned chip... just bypass the out of the box tuners and get you a custom tuned chip.. you and your truck will like it much better...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts