Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All i can say is they are AWESOME. they've been sitting in the garage since november and i finally got it done. its sooooo nice to actually be able to hear the engine and not an annoying exhaust leak. The stock pipes were leaking quite a bit worse than i expected.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
All i can say is they are AWESOME. they've been sitting in the garage since november and i finally got it done. its sooooo nice to actually be able to hear the engine and not an annoying exhaust leak. The stock pipes were leaking quite a bit worse than i expected.
Do you have pics of how bad the firewall was stained with exhaust soot? I ask because I get a wiff of exhaust once in a while but my firewall is clean near the donuts.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Do you have pics of how bad the firewall was stained with exhaust soot? I ask because I get a wiff of exhaust once in a while but my firewall is clean near the donuts.
How is boost?

Does your charger ignite well?

I had a pretty nasty leak (6 psi max), but most of it was coming from the connection at the v-band so none of it got on the firewall.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Right now i'm in the process of replacing my torque convertor and while removing the trans I noticed there is some soot leaking on the passenger side top connection, leaving a trail down the uppipe, is it worth replacing the donuts while the trans is out or is it do-able to upgrade to the new uppipes after I put the trans back in?

Jon

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
DO IT WHILE ITS OUT.

It's a pain in the ass to do when the tranny is in.

I NEVER was able to get those bastards to seal properly so I had to get some bellowed uppipes.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
Right now i'm in the process of replacing my torque convertor and while removing the trans I noticed there is some soot leaking on the passenger side top connection, leaving a trail on down the uppipe, is it worth replacing the donuts while the trans is out or is it do-able to upgrade to the new uppipes after I put the trans back in?

Jon
Much easier with the tranny out

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
If I pull my tranny, I will replace the up pipe donuts just because they are easy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, sorry i didn't take any pics of the firewall. i do still have the pipes i can post some pics of them if you'd like.

How is boost?

Does your charger ignite well?

I had a pretty nasty leak (6 psi max), but most of it was coming from the connection at the v-band so none of it got on the firewall.
before i could only get about 18 psi or so out of it but now if i get on it it will hit 20 with no problem. thats about it though. and yeah it lights up real well. i love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts