Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god dam turk gas attended, anyone had this happen, i usually pump my own but was rushing to a appointment and was on the phone, relized i didnt make sure he put in the right handle and 5 gallons 87 were in my tank. i almost killed the guy, blew the rest of my Saturday draining my tank and lines. i have aaa, and the driver that pick me up said that he pulls guys out of there all the time for the same thing. how much should i charge this guy for my losses.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
:whs::whs::whs:

·
Banned
844 Posts
If you get Free DIESEL for a year...one ill be jealous lol and two...wanna give me some of that diesel for free???? :ford:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thing along the lines of a 600 dollar bill, id have to talk to my lawyer for free gas for the year lol

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
i was thing along the lines of a 600 dollar bill, id have to talk to my lawyer for free gas for the year lol
You don't want free gas for a year, that's what got you where you are.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
How much did it actually cost you? You could have had it towed to a shop and had them pay the bill! Or you could be like everybody else and sue and go after em for all you can even though it didn't hurt anything. Figure your time and the cost of draining the gas out and what a tank of fuel would cost and move on.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
How much did it actually cost you? You could have had it towed to a shop and had them pay the bill! Or you could be like everybody else and sue and go after em for all you can even though it didn't hurt anything. Figure your time and the cost of draining the gas out and what a tank of fuel would cost and move on.
Best option right there. When it happenned to me, there was gasoline coming out of the diesel hose. By the time I got back, there was an out of order sign on the diesel pump, and the hose was gone. He said somebody left the hose in their truck and drove off. I did not get gasoline out of the diesel pump. Needless to say, he lost a 200 buck a week customer.

232 Posts
i recently had this happen to me. about 3 months ago. i told the guy $20 cash diesel front tank and went in the store to grab sokes and a coffee. my truck is strait piped and has a huge powerstroke 7.3 turbo diesel sticker on the rear window and i heve a decal on the fuel door that says diesel fuel only. the dumba** still put $20 worth of regular in my tank. i got half way home and she started running like crap and i managed to limp her home thinkin i had a bigger problem. once i realized he put gas in my truck i got a few estimates and turned in the highest one for $5800 worst case scenario. they cut me a check for that much and it only cost me $1800 inluding an oil change and new batteries. i made out $3000 ahead. i drove about 15 miles and only needed the tank dropped and drained, the fuel lines flushed and new filters. they even paid for my rental while my truck was in the shop. take them for all they got.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
once i realized he put gas in my truck i got a few estimates and turned in the highest one for $5800 worst case scenario. they cut me a check for that much and it only cost me $1800 inluding an oil change and new batteries. i made out $3000 ahead. i drove about 15 miles and only needed the tank dropped and drained, the fuel lines flushed and new filters. they even paid for my rental while my truck was in the shop. take them for all they got.
I would not brag about this:doh:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Where you guys getting people to pump gas for you? What a bunch of lazy butts. LOl the last station that did that around here went under about ten years ago.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
In some states, it is actually against the law to pump your own fuel.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Whenever we get a truck in that had this happen we just pull the line off the fuel pump and let the pump drain the tank. Then we will try to remove the fuel plugs on the heads. If they don't come out we will change the fuel filters fill it with diesel and run it for a couple hours and make sure nothing is wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
take them for all they got.
and that my friends is whats wrong with america.

why not just get fixed what they F-ed up and call it good and when you get your next fuel double check.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That is news to me lol none of the states i have been in i guess.

In some states, it is actually against the law to pump your own fuel.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts