Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there is a difference between the GT4294 turbos that we put on our trucks and the GT4294 that is was put on the DDEC (Detroit Diesel) 2 & 3's non egr?? :confused::lookaround:

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
not sure if there is any diffrence but i have the complete specs for the detroit application at work will try and find them tommorow

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet, cuz if its cheaper would one be smart to consider buying one (if) the only difference is the dertoit imprint on the horn???

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
the only problem i see is the way the exhaust is routed
changing the exhaust side is simple so if its cheaper then
what could it hurt

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only problem i see is the way the exhaust is routed
changing the exhaust side is simple so if its cheaper then
what could it hurt
thats the s*&% then.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is a/r

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
what is a/r
A/R is area / radius, which really means the distance of the wheel to the center of the housing inlet. The larger the number, the bigger the inlet, and the slower the response. A T-6 footprint isn't good for a single turbo, at least not on a 7.3. For a TN turbo, the available A/R's would be .58, .68, .81, .96. For a Garrett, 1.01, 1.15, 1.28, and 1.44.

If you want more info, read this:

link

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
I think it would be bad a$$ to have a turbo with detroit diesel on it under the hood:D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well, on the kit that we made we did consult Blackwidow but i guess we should have called you? :confused:
We are always available for counsel...I do not know Black Widow but they are doing something right becuase they have a great reputation and offer excellent products/services..We go beyond just the light duty trucks, we are in the OEM, Marine, Industrial, Agricultural, Construction etc, even gassers..What we don't do is tuning, we don't tune anyones rigs, our scope is the forced induction system and related sub-systems...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A/R is area / radius, which really means the distance of the wheel to the center of the housing inlet. The larger the number, the bigger the inlet, and the slower the response. A T-6 footprint isn't good for a single turbo, at least not on a 7.3. For a TN turbo, the available A/R's would be .58, .68, .81, .96. For a Garrett, 1.01, 1.15, 1.28, and 1.44.

If you want more info, read this:

link

very very informative. but heres a nother Q&A i found a used K-31 would that be suit able for our trucks wiht different housings? if so what who have to be different, and what do they put these on??? i found it in our scrap ben with no problems other than it needs needs new seals and new journal bearings and could one turn it into ball bearing for a reasonable price, sorry but this question almost qualifies for another thread :doh:

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
very very informative. but heres a nother Q&A i found a used K-31 would that be suit able for our trucks wiht different housings? if so what who have to be different, and what do they put these on??? i found it in our scrap ben with no problems other than it needs needs new seals and new journal bearings and could one turn it into ball bearing for a reasonable price, sorry but this question almost qualifies for another thread :doh:
Actually, no other thread needed. I used an Aurora 5k (K31) a couple years ago, and it worked well. Don't recommend spray with it.

Here is some more info, and what it might fit.

http://www.citydiesel.net/hot-rod-detroit-60-series-turbo-p-216.html

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you used it on a 7.3??? and i wont be spraying anything.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what kind of psi was it putting out and were could i get a rebuild kit for it, seals, bearings and such???

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
K-31's are Detroit 60 Series Upgraded to 500HP plus vehicles. THey have a different FORGED wheel vs, the Garrett GT4294...If you don't mess with them too much they are a tough turbo...Ask Kevin at sledpuller motorpsorts...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts