Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a mobile detailer detail the truck after I bought it and it turned out great, for about a week. After a couple rains it looked just like it did prior, dull and old.

SO I sat out to do it myself. With a Porter Cable 7424 and a host of Griot machine polishes I think it turned out good. I know there are better products out there than the Griot's but my wife bought them for Christmas. So.

Figured prior to really hitting the paint I'd pull the side moldings and try to get rid of any lines. I apparently missed a spot and will need to go back but you have to look for it and it is only about 4 inches long.

I washed the truck, clay barred it then hit with a number 1 polish in the bad areas. Next was a # 2 over the entire truck followed up with a #3 and then a wax.

·
Registered
666 Posts
that looks really good.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great job! The truck looks really good.

Well, I had a mobile detailer detail the truck after I bought it and it turned out great, for about a week. After a couple rains it looked just like it did prior, dull and old.
Sigh...all to common, I'm afraid. I'm guessing they used a product with fillers, or another product that "shows well" but doesn't last, to make it look like they did more work than they actually did.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
it does look good,,,, paying someone to deatil you stuff you have to make shore they are using good stuff to start with

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one thing the detailer did well was the interior. They removed several stains that had been in place for years. Dad tried several places and no one was able to get the stains out. That alone was worth the money so I don't feel too bad about it.

The guy came highly recommended from friends that always have nice looking cars. Who knows what happened but I should have done it myself to begin with.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The one thing the detailer did well was the interior. They removed several stains that had been in place for years. Dad tried several places and no one was able to get the stains out. That alone was worth the money so I don't feel too bad about it.

The guy came highly recommended from friends that always have nice looking cars. Who knows what happened but I should have done it myself to begin with.
can i ask what you paid to have it done? the detailer is only as good as the polishes an waxes they use,,,thats what i always say lol

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$220 this included polishing the headlights on the wife's Odyssey

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seemed like the going rate around Atlanta.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts