Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
FlatRateTech
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to get in touch with Joey about a T500 purchased from diesel power products.com

today I spoke with a rep cant remember his name but basically he represented that they no longer sell the T500 and offered to sell me a pump from a different company.

The issue here is that the T500 never generated enough oil pressure to start the truck.

I did move on to other projects for a time, but started back in OCD mode determined to get this thing running.

So, what happened was that I sent in my core unit, which was to be rebuilt and sent back to me.

I received the unit, but it leaked, so sent it back and Joey said it was fine.

Believing that the no start condition must be some other issue so far not discovered, I began a long and expensive journey into everything from injectors and injector sleeves, PCM, IDM, wiring harness, turbo, even checked the compression to be sure that it was not just a worn out engine.

Anyway, learned a lot, took a long time, spent a lot of money…

Finally after breaking out Occam's razor#I realized that the only answer had to be that the T500 was not generating enough oil pressure.

Well I had to be sure, because honestly I was getting tired of chasing ghosts on this no start truck and one thing I have learned is that replacing parts is not the way to go.

The best thing to do is to test out the issue, prove it, then once you have a verifiable test, you can take care of business.

So, first thing, need a high pressure liquid filled gauge, but you also need a length of hose that is capable of containing high pressure hydraulic fluid in this case oil but you will also need to cap or block off one end of the HPOP so you can test out not only each individual head, but also to test just the pump itself to see if there is an issue with the pump.

Well, after a good bit of testing and a order to an ebay seller I had the equipment I needed to test out the T500.

So, turns out that the T500 will not generate any more than 156 PSI connected to both heads, 236 to one head or another, (verified that there are no leaks anywhere at all) up to 150 psi, air pressure. which is lighter than oil LOL.

Anyway to make a long story shorter, I have now verified that the T500 purchased through Diesel Power Products.com Was in fact defective, some time did pass, but this pump never started this truck so there are Zero miles on this pump.

I suspect that there is an internal issue, but I am not prepared to take this thing apart, mostly because even if I did manage to get it apart without breaking something I do not have the parts to make a repair.

So, in order to contact Joey, I have to make at least 15 posts here and I understand that but I guess I will have to try to be somewhat diplomatic without intentionally trying to make someone angry, its not my intention I just cant find a way to make contact. Diesel power products, refutes, a warranty, states that there is a high failure rate and cannot contact Joey, thats not me saying that either. . . I am a little irritated that a company would collect 791.00 for a part that never worked and then run down the jobber instead of doing the right thing but hey if they can do that I can do this.

let see how many more posts do I need now.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Well LtDan on here has a terminator pump as well and it’s trash like yours. He sent it back a few times to no avail.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
yeah joey is impossible to get ahold of anymore. I had a badger pump but company is out of business I bought a adrenaline from diesel site and couldn't be happier other then having my pump fail in under 3500 miles. if the company u bought it from won't contact joey I don't know how u will get ahold of him. I tried and tried before I bought the badger never could get ahold of him.

"Y'all have a wonderful"
"My name is Bob the guy floating in the lake with no arms and no legs"
TSGT Bob W Martin USAF 1948-2014

·
Registered
125 Posts
So is this high failure rate with the T500’s a recent thing or are all the T500’s questionable? And the Adrenaline pump crapped out after 3500miles?? So who actually builds a reliable pump? These things are expensive as hell and shouldnt be so unreliable. Also the company making them should stand by there product and at the very least be available to customers who have problems. Hope you get something figured out with the pump. Keep us posted on what happens

·
Super Moderator
8,059 Posts
You can try all you want to get ahold of Joey but he wont get back to you. He hasn't been here for quite a while. Sorry your sol.

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
So is this high failure rate with the T500’s a recent thing or are all the T500’s questionable? And the Adrenaline pump crapped out after 3500miles?? So who actually builds a reliable pump? These things are expensive as hell and shouldnt be so unreliable. Also the company making them should stand by there product and at the very least be available to customers who have problems. Hope you get something figured out with the pump. Keep us posted on what happens
no the badge crapped out the adrenaline is what I replaced it with I should have bought the dieselsite pump but tried to save a few hundred and it cost me another pump. It sucks but bite the bullet and contact dieselsite they took really good care of me.

"Y'all have a wonderful"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi I have to second the pump from diesel site. I have had mine for two years and love it plus great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yup, he no longer deals directly with customers. Probably for good reason....
I do have to ask, how many different iprs did you try?
And I assume checked the gear bolt countless times?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
FlatRateTech
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PHP:
Yup, he no longer deals directly with customers. Probably for good reason....
I do have to ask, how many different iprs did you try?
And I assume checked the gear bolt countless times?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Two known good IPR tested in running 7.3 powerstroke, so they work and are good, also verified that my engine will run with a good HPOP, LOL,

The one thing I find fascinating is that there are still so many companies that are promoting this product.

Seems a little dishonest. . .

If you buy this product and something goes wrong, you're screwed.

·
FlatRateTech
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
curious about that myself, I have located two other customers that have experienced failures, (out of the box) one has a video on youtube, I have a video demonstrating the failure, I actually was hoping that he would reply eventually, but it has been eight months of emails all returned as (not deliverable) his website has been hacked, (links to a page that loads a virus on your computer) so beware if you do go to his website. I am thinking that if there is nothing I can do and there is no way to reach him for a warranty service, I would have two options.

1. send the pump to another vendor and see if they can fix it.

2. Do an Autopsy on the pump and post the video and images here.

I am sort of inclined to do the Autopsy... Might be helpful for others who have the same issue with HPOPs, I have done some research, with regard to the mechanisms used in these pumps. plungers, springs, the concept is not a new one.

just for the record, I am not interested in doing this for a living, but I am interested in the idea that expensive products should be more reliable and if they are not then the market exists to support better products.

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
well I know the companies can get ahold of joey that's how lt.dan got his sent back. but it has to go thru the company u bought it from.

"Y'all have a wonderful"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi reelstufe you could try clay at riffraff diesel and see if he can get him to call you back it might be worth a shot. But if no dice then I would go with a adrenaline HPOP or give CNC fab a call for a HPOP. I know a lot of us on here would love to see a tear down of your pump with pictures. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
I am attempting to get in touch with Joey about a T500 purchased from diesel power products.com

today I spoke with a rep cant remember his name but basically he represented that they no longer sell the T500 and offered to sell me a pump from a different company.

The issue here is that the T500 never generated enough oil pressure to start the truck.

I did move on to other projects for a time, but started back in OCD mode determined to get this thing running.

So, what happened was that I sent in my core unit, which was to be rebuilt and sent back to me.

I received the unit, but it leaked, so sent it back and Joey said it was fine.

Believing that the no start condition must be some other issue so far not discovered, I began a long and expensive journey into everything from injectors and injector sleeves, PCM, IDM, wiring harness, turbo, even checked the compression to be sure that it was not just a worn out engine.

Anyway, learned a lot, took a long time, spent a lot of money…

Finally after breaking out Occam's razor#I realized that the only answer had to be that the T500 was not generating enough oil pressure.

Well I had to be sure, because honestly I was getting tired of chasing ghosts on this no start truck and one thing I have learned is that replacing parts is not the way to go.

The best thing to do is to test out the issue, prove it, then once you have a verifiable test, you can take care of business.

So, first thing, need a high pressure liquid filled gauge, but you also need a length of hose that is capable of containing high pressure hydraulic fluid in this case oil but you will also need to cap or block off one end of the HPOP so you can test out not only each individual head, but also to test just the pump itself to see if there is an issue with the pump.

Well, after a good bit of testing and a order to an ebay seller I had the equipment I needed to test out the T500.

So, turns out that the T500 will not generate any more than 156 PSI connected to both heads, 236 to one head or another, (verified that there are no leaks anywhere at all) up to 150 psi, air pressure. which is lighter than oil LOL.

Anyway to make a long story shorter, I have now verified that the T500 purchased through Diesel Power Products.com Was in fact defective, some time did pass, but this pump never started this truck so there are Zero miles on this pump.

I suspect that there is an internal issue, but I am not prepared to take this thing apart, mostly because even if I did manage to get it apart without breaking something I do not have the parts to make a repair.

So, in order to contact Joey, I have to make at least 15 posts here and I understand that but I guess I will have to try to be somewhat diplomatic without intentionally trying to make someone angry, its not my intention I just cant find a way to make contact. Diesel power products, refutes, a warranty, states that there is a high failure rate and cannot contact Joey, thats not me saying that either. . . I am a little irritated that a company would collect 791.00 for a part that never worked and then run down the jobber instead of doing the right thing but hey if they can do that I can do this.

let see how many more posts do I need now.

So did you ever get the engine running after having the hpo system open multiple times? Did you put a stock hpop on after trying the t500? What was your verification process for stock pump if tried? How did you test pressures, besides just describing the gauge and line? While cranking? What?

Where was it “leaking” from the 1st time? Fitting, gasket, what?

Long lengthy post but lacking details.

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
​ DieselDC;6139327 said:
Well LtDan on here has a terminator pump as well and it’s trash like yours. He sent it back a few times to no avail.

—————signature—————

Well I could have read Dan’s post wrong, but I don’t think his t500 was “trash” like you claim. If I recall correctly, it was an ipr issue. He didn’t think it was but after Joey at terminator sent him several genuine motorcraft ipr’s, he installed and his issues went away...

Here’s his exact post...

Replaced the IPR yesterday, seems to idle okay so far, power band feels is a little different too. I think my turbo is slowly dying though, it's struggling to make anything close that it used to. When freshly rebuilt it made 38psi at WOT in 4th at 80mph. Yesterday it barely got to 32psi at 105mph, EGTs over 1400*.

I also installed the new Accumulator in the trans from diesel site. I was having some rough shifts going into Drive and Reverse, so Dan just sent me a new one. After talking with him more about it, he tells me they bought a new machine that cost them over 6 figures. It's suppose to test flow through the accumulators/valve bodies to fine tune them before they even go into the trans. So he said this new one should shift a little smoother compared to my old one. I got it out on the road though, and the trans seems to shift quicker under WOT, but much harsher, seems to "jerk" the truck worse than before. I blame the junk ass trans tuning that Ford programmed in for the MIF6 PCM, but Dan said he's going to look further into it.

I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Well I could have read Dan’s post wrong, but I don’t think his t500 was “trash” like you claim. If I recall correctly, it was an ipr issue. He didn’t think it was but after Joey at terminator sent him several genuine motorcraft ipr’s, he installed and his issues went away...

Here’s his exact post...

Good to know ! I didn’t know lol I’ll text and bug him tonight! My understanding is when you have to send it back a few times - that’s trash. Since it’s good I’ll text him for Joey or whoever’s contacts so the OP can get some help.

—————signature—————

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
​ DieselDC;6139571 said:
Good to know ! I didn’t know lol I’ll text and bug him tonight! My understanding is when you have to send it back a few times - that’s trash. Since it’s good I’ll text him for Joey or whoever’s contacts so the OP can get some help.

—————signature—————

My understanding was it was his ipr the entire time. Each time he installed he had issues. Each time Joey tested it was good. Joey was using his motorcraft iprs. Once dan used a different ipr, his issues went away.

·
Project Shamu
2,408 Posts
Hey guys, so DieselDc got a hold of me and pointed me towards this site. I thought I had a finicky T500. It built pressure like no other, but just had a funny hot idle. And yes, after sending it back once, he rebuilt it, and no difference, he sent me a couple IPRs and the first one I put in fixed my problem. OEM motorcraft is the way to go for EVERYTHING on these 7.3s. No excuses.

Now I do have his cell phone number, I don't want to just give it out though. If the OP wants to message me his number, I will pass it along to Joey and see what he says, but i can't vouch for him on what he will do/say.

One this is for sure is Joey is a super cool guy, and was ready to help me fix my problem in any way possible, including giving me free parts, and paying for shipping.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts