Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its official, after having Joe in the pits this weekend, and having worked with him on a bunch of other things, on Tuesday morning, it is heading to Hellmanns to have everything else finished. I simply don't have the time to finish and get it ready for TS with work, and family obligations. Joe made the offer to help, and I jumped on it. He has a lot to do, and he and Richard will be working on it for the next several weeks. Tuesday morning its making its way out of Austin. While its there Joe and Richard are going to install the trans brake from Doug at GOGO, and finish up the other stuff that remains. There gonna take it to the track, and shake it down, (while I await video's and news like the rest of you :bang) and get it dialed in.

When I see it next, its gonna be a whole nother animal.

Many of you have asked why Richard was driving, and why I am skeered? LOL Several reasons:

a: I have obligations and a work schedule that is not going to allow me to make as many events as I want the truck to be at.
b: Richard is by far the most qualified given his history, and has way more experience than I.
c: He and I are good friends, and I trust him with my life, so my truck is a no brainer.
d: He is scary and intimidating from the other lane to look at. LOL
e: I aint Skeered, and will be driving it at any events I can. The question I have to ask for TS is whats more important to me. Me driving it for fun, or Richard driving it and getting good hits? I will get better, but I am still a rookie.

This was the plan from day 1. If you look at the way the seats are set in the truck, they are actually setup more for his big ass then mine. I have to reach to get stuff when I am strapped in. Sasquatch does not.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for it Joe.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Re: Deranged going to Joe Hellmans

Are we talking Richard..... Haltom??

Sounds like a great plan!! I would love to be able to drop something off at Joe's and let him work on it. That dude does some nice work.

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts

I'd let richard drive my truck as well.......... i'd be afraid he would beat me up.... let alone be an intimidation to the other drivers... He's a big bully...:poke:

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

Good deal. Maybe ill get to see it make some passes at Baytown....

You might get a Texas Diesel Shootout trophy after all.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I am sure it will be going down there. Yes Richard as in Richard Haltom....aka Unbroken.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts

Joe can get it done. Man is talented even if he does drive a Dodge .LOL

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts

I thought it was cause he has longer legs to push the pedal farther...

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I hope Tim can get to Houston when were done with it. I want a dash cam
pointed at his face the first time he comes off a trans brake. LOL

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I hope Tim can get to Houston when were done with it. I want a dash cam
pointed at his face the first time he comes off a trans brake. LOL
Trans brake and a car/truck that will 60 ft. FTW ! great for scaring the hell out of some folks.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts

I am sure it will be going down there. Yes Richard as in Richard Haltom....aka Unbroken.
I was just wondering, because I saw him standing outside of the truck for a few passes. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. The power looks like it's there after the turbos spool...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts