Discussion Starter #1

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calling Obama a centrist is liken to calling McCain a conservative.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Come on oil, keep going up!! See, if you were smart, you bought stock in oil companies about a year or so ago like I did....so when oil rises, my stock rises, atleast thats how its been working, just takes a few days to reflect.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
Calling Obama a centrist is liken to calling McCain a conservative.
:whs:

Come on oil, keep going up!! See, if you were smart, you bought stock in oil companies about a year or so ago like I did....so when oil rises, my stock rises, atleast thats how its been working, just takes a few days to reflect.
Don't worry, they will come up with a new tax on your profit, You really should spread your wealth a little more and feel guilty that you are making money off the backs of barely working Americans. Have you no shame? :poke:

·
Registered
556 Posts
:shrug:
:whs:..Don't worry, they will come up with a new tax on your profit, You really should spread your wealth a little more and feel guilty that you are making money off the backs of barely working Americans. Have you no shame? :poke:
Already have. The last time I checked (was just before the senate bill was signed.) If his combined househould income is more then $250K then his tax for dividends/capital gains (unearned income) would rise from 15% to 20% for 2011 then add another 3.8% in 2013..basically 23.8%. During the election Obama even said he would increase these taxes somewhere between 20-28% Although, he did say he saw it way lower then 28%???

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Start figuring in what one pays in state income, road tax, sales tax, FCC charges etc and etc and you will see it is quite easy to surpass 50% of your income going into taxes.

What's another 5 or 10 %? It's all down hill from there.

·
USASF Retired
305 Posts
They are all criminals against the citizens of our great country.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I know that many here will disagree but I find this president to be pretty centrist and reasonable. The fact that many of his policies don't make either the Reps OR the Dems completely satisfied is a good sign I think.
That oughta get you on the list of being called names by people who think they are calm and rational...............not. :doh:

PS. I agree. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also worth noting here is that Obama opened up parts of ther Virginia coast for offshore drilling.

Obama: Offshore oil drilling needed in short term - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

I'm pretty happy about that. I know that many here will disagree but I find this president to be pretty centrist and reasonable. The fact that many of his policies don't make either the Reps OR the Dems completely satisfied is a good sign I think.
Don't think so. He said he would consider offshore drilling. Just more rhetoric coming from that A-hole. He wants us oil people to believe it so we won't hate him as much. More of the same lies.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
That oughta get you on the list of being called names by people who think they are calm and rational...............not. :doh:

PS. I agree. :D

LOL... Ya, he is right there in the center...

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Don't think so. He said he would consider offshore drilling. Just more rhetoric coming from that A-hole. He wants us oil people to believe it so we won't hate him as much. More of the same lies.
You should read the link again.

Obama said in announcing that the government will now allow drilling about 50 miles off the Virginia coast, the first new leases in two decades. The administration also said it will allow exploration of other potential drilling site along both coasts.
That doesn't sound like "consider" to me. :shrug:

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
Also worth noting here is that Obama opened up parts of ther Virginia coast for offshore drilling.

Obama: Offshore oil drilling needed in short term - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

I'm pretty happy about that. I know that many here will disagree but I find this president to be pretty centrist and reasonable. The fact that many of his policies don't make either the Reps OR the Dems completely satisfied is a good sign I think.
Yet when Bush was in office, he had proposed this and was shot down... but now it's a good idea... :doh:

That's how i feel. i work in the business and it helps me out. Plus owning three oil wells in west Texas helps pretty good when the price goes up. :evil

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't worry, they will come up with a new tax on your profit, You really should spread your wealth a little more and feel guilty that you are making money off the backs of barely working Americans. Have you no shame? :poke:
Nope, no shame at all. They can kiss my azz

That's how i feel. i work in the business and it helps me out. Plus owning three oil wells in west Texas helps pretty good when the price goes up. :evil[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you cant beat them, join them :rockwoot:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am sure if all of this was researched thoroughly you would find Bush and his oil buddies at the root cause.

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
:shrug: Already have. The last time I checked (was just before the senate bill was signed.) If his combined househould income is more then $250K then his tax for dividends/capital gains (unearned income) would rise from 15% to 20% for 2011 then add another 3.8% in 2013..basically 23.8%. During the election Obama even said he would increase these taxes somewhere between 20-28% Although, he did say he saw it way lower then 28%???
Yeah, I know I was being a wisea**

I am sure if all of this was researched thoroughly you would find Bush and his oil buddies at the root cause.
At what point will something be Obama's fault? :doh:

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts