Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 and am looking to upgrade my exhaust. I am not really wanting to build the truck for more power i am quite happy with that but i would like to eek out any mpg gains i can on a budget. Would i benefit much by just deleting the muffler and particulate filter or should i just get a turbo back and be done with it? I am somewhat concerned about loosing mpg's by going with a larger diameter turbo back setup but would like advice on that. Thanks

·
<--BAGHDAD
508 Posts
turbo back, you can get them with flow through muffler if thats a concern. mbrp, diamond eye, dynomax are just a few. you can get 3 or 4 in back if thats a concern also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbo back, you can get them with flow through muffler if thats a concern. mbrp, diamond eye, dynomax are just a few. you can get 3 or 4 in back if thats a concern also.

I have no concern with emmissions or noise levels here in Kansas, i just want to do some mods that will not hurt my mpg's and hopefully increase them.

·
<--BAGHDAD
508 Posts
i'd go with a turbo back kit then. have you thought about an intake and a chip, you can get mild tunes too. you can get a 3 position chip and just have stock, high idle and a 75 hp setting for economy burnt to it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'd go with a turbo back kit then. have you thought about an intake and a chip, you can get mild tunes too. you can get a 3 position chip and just have stock, high idle and a 75 hp setting for economy burnt to it.
I just posted another thread in the section with kind of what i have in mind for the total truck, but in regards to the intake i was under the impression the factory one flowed really well but to maybe do a zoodad?? mod? I have seen a lot of trucks around here with dusted engines due to after market filters, mostly k&n. All the farmers put them on and seem to burn them up but thats how i buy a lot of my project trucks to flip.

·
<--BAGHDAD
508 Posts
k&n are junk. they let too much in. i've seen tests on em and i've seen results from them too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts