Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to get thoughts on the aftermarket aluminum degas bottles for the 6.0..I saw some on eBay for around $135.00.. ASI was one of manufacturers. I'm not paying the price for a sinister diesel one. Or just buy another oem. Just wanting some legit opinions. Mines all hard to read. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know mishimoto makes one for around the $260 mark I do believe? That’d be a good in between from the crazy priced $400 sinister one lol. And still good trusted quality.

I don’t think I’d trust so eBay one, would probably just go OEM at that point. Although the style points in the engine bay are cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
apparently, some of the ebay ones may have an oddball thread at the sensor ports so I would buy one only is shipped and sold by Amazon so returns are easy

I have a prototype aluminum unit from Accurate ( same as seen on ebay without the Lever cap) that has a lever style old school cap and i run an overflow container

I will never buy an OEM style again

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the same place since my "seeping" head gaskets have puffed my stock bottle up like a real expensive balloon.
I like the looks of the Mishimoto tank but I'm not overly fond of the sight tube for fluid levels
The PSP/Moroso tank is a thing of beauty but it's creeping up on $400
So, it looks like for a little more than one of the Ebay units with suspect country of origins the Accurate Diesel tank is where I'm heading

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
the Accurate tank is the same as the cheap china tanks . as soon as I bought mine fromm accurate for close to 400 bucks i saw them on ebay and I was pissed
I asked Tim at accurate and He said they were also disappointed ( whatever that means I just knew I was dupped )

I think maybe the china MFG did what China MFG's do and sell the product you pain them to make direct

·
Registered
27 Posts
But at least the Accurate tank has a real 1/8NPT port on it and not an SAE nut welded on the underside where it can leak

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ended up going with the Mishimoto, still not a fan of the sight tube but it sure makes it easy to check levels

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts