Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought one off a friend for 50 bucks... does anyone know anything about it i really cant tell much of a difference

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
your not going to feel much differance with a six position chip... the lower setting you might feel a little but in six your already past what the defuser will max out..... on a stock truck you will notice a good bit.... i ran one for a while until i got a six position chip and now i don't need it....

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
pretty sure the defuser is like an adjustable 10k mod.
You are absolutely correct. It's nothing more than a glorified 10k mod with a fancy project box from Radio Shack.

Before i had my chip i built one of these for the whopping price of 12 bucks. All you need is a 2.2k resistor, a 10k potentionometer (spelling is off), and a solder gun.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You are absolutely correct. It's nothing more than a glorified 10k mod with a fancy project box from Radio Shack.

Before i had my chip i built one of these for the whopping price of 12 bucks. All you need is a 2.2k resistor, a 10k potentionometer (spelling is off), and a solder gun.
I remember reading over on .org where someone did dyno testing with just a 10k and it netted 50hp. Not bad for a $1 mod

·
<---Peggy Sue
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i kno i could have made one cheaper but o well i already bought it and can tell a lil difference over my 6 pos

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I messed with something like that a few months back. All it did was make my truck shift weird and give me a touchier pedal... I'd throw it away or sell it.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
i kno i could have made one cheaper but o well i already bought it and can tell a lil difference over my 6 pos
I hope your not saying the difference is better..... Otherwise you must of had a really really bad 6 pos regardless if it was custom tuned or not.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
When you say dfuser this is the one that comes to mind .I had to add one of these to my truck along time ago.

Exhaust Backpressure Sensor Eliminator

OBDII codes are detected and logged during a diagnostics scan of specific sensors by the PCM at start, when the Exhaust Pressure Control Valve (EPCV) is showing High/Low pressure.
Eliminates P0478 Code.
Easy to install.
This can be due to tube connected to the sensor being full of dry soot, or due to bad sensor.
Built for exact fit.
Free Shipping (Lower 48 States)!

$39.00
Exhaust Backpressure Sensor Elimantor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts