Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 00 powerstroke and i cant get my heat/ac to transfer from defrost which i am told is the netrual position when something goes wrong...

ok in the pic the red arrow is what i assume is the vacuum pump motor...it vibrates so i assume it is working...the yellow circle is where it goes into the evaporator...the yellow arrow is where the vacuum seems to stop...i can pull off the hose and put my finger over it and it goes from vibrating to pulsating....now the green arrow i am not sure what that is,but that is where the exiting hose from the evaporator goes to and it looks like it seperates all the vacuum lines to hubs and etc,etc...this is really a frustrating issue...it was working fine and then one day it decided not too..any help?

Attachments

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
Do you have manual or automagic hubs for 4 wheel drive? Assuming by your sig that you do have a 4 wheel drive.

If you have the automagic hubs they are prone to leak at or near the hubs. Give the vacuum lines there a close inspection.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That "evaperator" is actually a vacuum reservoir. If your vacuum pump is running non stop, you have a leak somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts