Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How was the Tranny's? Which felt smoother?
Well they both were good. But in the trucks I drove I felt the Ford was smoother. Especially when downshifting. Seemed anytime there was a downshift of 2 or more gears the Ford handled it much better. The GM seemed to hunt through the gears more where the Ford felt like it found the right gear more efficiently. Now this could be because of the learning period for the GM. I don't know.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well they both were good. But in the trucks I drove I felt the Ford was smoother. Especially when downshifting. Seemed anytime there was a downshift of 2 or more gears the Ford handled it much better. The GM seemed to hunt through the gears more where the Ford felt like it found the right gear more efficiently. Now this could be because of the learning period for the GM. I don't know.
Ford has a learning period too though. At least they do on the 6R80.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Whoa guys, calm down!! :confused:

Its like some of you want Ford to stay in the dinosaur ages! You really expect Ford to be making identical trucks as they did back in late 90's?? Its called IMPROVEMENT. In case you haven't noticed, Ford (and Chevy, Dodge) have all been working hard to get these trucks where they are now, and you should appreciate it! Just because it has a smooth ride, is quiet and has seamless shifts makes it no less capable then previous model years. Infact, the new trucks are WAY more capable than the older ones. Sounds like some of you are just jealous. If you had the money for one of these amazing new trucks, you'd be standing in line for the next one to come off the assembly line, no doubt about it! :ford:

Some of the crap you guys say just kill me with laughter. Keep it going Ford!! Your doing great!! This is way more TRUCK than ever before.
Well stated.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
They both have pretty long learning times for the transmissions. I believe the 6R140 is also 5000 miles.

What really cracks me up about the guys complaining about Ford not making trucks that ride like trucks anymore (or any brand for that matter) is that 95% of those complaining, wont be buying a 2011 for 15 years. Don't worry, it should ride considerably crappier by that point.LOL

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
They both have pretty long learning times for the transmissions. I believe the 6R140 is also 5000 miles.

What really cracks me up about the guys complaining about Ford not making trucks that ride like trucks anymore (or any brand for that matter) is that 95% of those complaining, wont be buying a 2011 for 15 years. Don't worry, it should ride considerably crappier by that point.LOL
If you are talking about me, I have owned many trucks and I only have 20,000 miles on my latest F-350. So, no, I won't be getting a 2011 tomorrow, but I have stepped up before, and I will do it again. I understand that some buyers pull trailers long distances and I get that they want comfort. You are entitled to your opinion and if you report to a manufacturer that you don't want to be able to feel if the transmission change gears and you want to feel like you are riding on a cloud then good for you. I will tell them what I want my truck to feel like. I guess I am one of the few that load near capacity and carry heavy plows that doesn't like their truck squatting. I am old enough to have my own opinion about things and I know what I like. When it comes time to replace my truck, I will evaluate all makes again, and if I think GM or Dodge (god forbid) has a better rig, I will vote with my wallet, as I have done 11 other times (trucks, not including cars). I am loyal only to myself and my family, and after wrenching on industrial equipment and all manner of motor vehicles for the 34 years since I began driving, I know I am capable of describing what I want my truck to perform like, without the help of random, anonymous internet "contributors".

21 - 25 of 25 Posts