Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Karen and I are taking a trip to San Antonio the week of July 4th and were wondering anyones input on a decent hotel. We don't want to spend $100 a night or anything like that just something that is going to be affordable and clean. Thanks for all of your input.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Did you take that or look it up gandy?
I took it.

Your insinuation is insulting.

I also took these.

The last one being me in front of my parents house (531 Cedar St.) at the time ............ where I was brought after being born.

I'm sure anyone in San Antonio, can go check out the address and confirm that I'm telling the truth. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I took it.

Your insinuation is insulting.

I also took these.

The last one being me in front of my parents house (531 Cedar St.) at the time ............ where I was brought after being born.

I'm sure anyone in San Antonio, can go check out the address and confirm that I'm telling the truth. :rolleyes:
I don't think he was insinuating anything. I think he was just wondering. I have seen a few good pics you have taken of various view from various hotel rooms. Sorta like Jonny Cash's song, "I've Been Everywhere".

·
King of my own world
410 Posts
red roof in is 3 blocks from river walk, alamo, and alamo dome. i satayed there for the george strait concert. if your drinking its close enough to everything to get back safe. very reasonable and clean.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I don't think he was insinuating anything. I think he was just wondering. I have seen a few good pics you have taken of various view from various hotel rooms. Sorta like Jonny Cash's song, "I've Been Everywhere".
As usual Andy, you're always thinking the best of others. :cool:

However, I personally don't think that was the intention here ( "or look it up".......... implies that I am trying to mis-portray a personal experience).

I could, however, be wrong. :shrug:

It wouldn't be the first....or last....time, either.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts

·
Peon
727 Posts
Are you military at all (active, reservist, guard, etc...)? If so, then you have a couple more options @ Lackland, Brooks, Ft. Sam, etc...

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
Stay away form hhe hotels by the airports. We spent our 5 year anniversay at San Antonio and on our last night there a bunch of theifs came and broke into about 20-25 vehicles that night and we were the only one that they busted out the window. So I would recommend the riverwalk it's nice.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
As usual Andy, you're always thinking the best of others. :cool:

However, I personally don't think that was the intention here ( "or look it up".......... implies that I am trying to mis-portray a personal experience).

I could, however, be wrong. :shrug:

It wouldn't be the first....or last....time, either.
I don't know what you're insinuating that I'm insinuating. LOL

But you shouldn't be so defensive. I was asking if you took it so I could try to guss if it was where I thought it was. :D

Is it in the stairwell at the very top, the highest window that's easily accessable in the building?? If so, I've been in that exact same spot when I was stationed at Ft. Sam!

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I don't know what you're insinuating that I'm insinuating.
Yeah, I think we both know what you meant. :D LOL

But you shouldn't be so defensive. I was asking if you took it so I could try to guss if it was where I thought it was.
You get extra points for a nice save. ;)

Is it in the stairwell at the very top, the highest window that's easily accessable in the building?? If so, I've been in that exact same spot when I was stationed at Ft. Sam!
No, it was from my room and although I can't remember which floor.........it definitely wasn't the highest.

I have also stayed at the Hampton Inn, that's a couple blocks away from the Marriott.

But............ I didn't take any pictures from that room. :D

On Edit: Since you seem to be interested in hotel rooms, here's a few more for ya.

And yes...........I took all of them while I was staying there. :D

From L to R. Daytona Beach, Grand Central Terminal-Hyatt, The Grand-Rome, Trump-Atlantic City

Attachments

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the responces guys if you have any others keep them comming. I will probably be making reservations on friday.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Steve,the wife and i stayed in the Comfort Suites in New Braunfels last Feb. just north of San Antonio for less than a hundred a night.It was nice and clean and the rooms were big and divided and still alittle fancy for us,but you know how me and the wife are.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Yeah, I think we both know what you meant. :D LOL

You get extra points for a nice save. ;)

No, it was from my room and although I can't remember which floor.........it definitely wasn't the highest.

I have also stayed at the Hampton Inn, that's a couple blocks away from the Marriott.

But............ I didn't take any pictures from that room. :D

On Edit: Since you seem to be interested in hotel rooms, here's a few more for ya.

And yes...........I took all of them while I was staying there. :D

From L to R. Daytona Beach, Grand Central Terminal-Hyatt, The Grand-Rome, Trump-Atlantic City

I wasn't "saving", I asked if you looked it up, simply because if you didn't take it, I wouldn't have asked where you took it from. When I was in AIT, we use to go to the top and look out of the window on the emergency stairwell, it looked just like that...

You might want to look into something for that complex you have.:poke:

·
USASF Retired
305 Posts
We stay in the Menger, a bit on the pricy side. It is between the Alamo and the mall. Teddy R. recruted the Rough Riders there, the historic bar is still there just as it was back then. If you stay anywhere around the riverwalk rooms are around 100 and up. Kinda wierd having to stay in hotels now when we visit after living there for several years.

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
You might want to look into something for that complex you have.
No complex here.

When I interpret someone questioning my integrity or truthfulness.........my back bows up a bit.

Just like yours did, when I said "nice save" (implying that I didn't believe you).

What's the diff? :poke:

I will take you at your word on your explanation and......proffer my apology.

Peace. :rockon:

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
No complex here.

When I interpret someone questioning my integrity or truthfulness.........my back bows up a bit.

Just like yours did, when I said "nice save" (implying that I didn't believe you).

What's the diff? :poke:

I will take you at your word on your explanation and......proffer my apology.

Peace. :rockon:
No problem here. I never meant to question your integrity, it was just a question. If I'd been somewhere but didn't have a pic, I'd look one up.

I wouldn't have asked, but you never said, "Here's some pictures I took.", so I figured I should ask before I assumed you took them. Either way, NICE PICS! I like the one in your avatar. Where was it taken?

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
No problem here. I never meant to question your integrity, it was just a question. If I'd been somewhere but didn't have a pic, I'd look one up.

I wouldn't have asked, but you never said, "Here's some pictures I took.", so I figured I should ask before I assumed you took them. Either way, NICE PICS! I like the one in your avatar. Where was it taken?
That's :cool:

My av pic is from our balcony in Aruba.

I have been very fortunate to have traveled a bit and have been to some pretty nice, and not so nice......... places.

Here's a few of the better ones. :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts