Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ECU was updated in 98 to f6tf-12a650-aue per a sticker on the engine cover. This appears to be a flash to 96.

Is this truck OBD2 now ?? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It should be as OBD2-compliant as a OBS PSD gets (looks to be an ALF4 code which is what my former 1994 was refalshed to). You would need use diagnostic software that has the "enhanced" Ford capability ( such as Autoenginuity, if that's is what you are after). Cheers!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. I wish I could have realized this a few months ago but I failed to google the sticker numbers. I have been trying off an on the get the ECU to act on pre OBD buzz tests. DUH!! Figuring it out which injector dies next be a little less painful now.

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
About how much does it cost to have Ford reflash the ECU? I think mine is still the original flash. There is a sticker on the HPOP reservior that says it is a 1994 flash and the calibration code is 5-89K-R. There is another number on the sticker that says 5G001AA.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
When Ford did mine, they charged me 1 hour labor time (abou $75 at the time). You can also check with the folks at DP Tuner as I've heard they can reflash them as well. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
If it where me I'd go aftermarket like DP then you could be assured to get the best stock or slightly modified files. I would suggest most the dealerships would not know which are the best files as well they cannot tune to previous files only most current iirc.

jrc

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
TDE1 is what you want :)

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Powerstroke was the first vehicle to get OBD-II. It's been that way since 94 when the 95s came out. Everything else got it in 96.

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts