Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard good and bad about these reduction starters from db.
looking to put one on my 96 soon. whats the general concensus?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine lasted about 2 yrs. If I had to do over with all the starter BS I've been threw with this truck, I'd sprend the 400$ at the ford garage.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Mine lasted 2 months.....

Never again will I buy from them... Go down to your local O'riellys and get yourself one with a lifetime warranty.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
You could just install the SD 7.3 starter (2001-2003). One less mounting bolt, better performance and much cheaper than the OBS starter. Need to ream out the wire lug to the solenoid a bit and use a 6mm nut to fasten the wire to the solenoid (instead of the original 5mm nut).

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
DB Electrical can suck on a bag of you know whats... I've been though three alternators in 6 months, warranty of course. It's just a major PITA dealing with the warranty stuff and they don't really have the best stuff around..

I found an EBay starter for 100 bucks shipped to me with a 12 month warranty and it's a brand new one.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My DB starter has been doing great for about 6 months now, I've enjoyed it.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
airman
1,064 Posts
My DB starter has been doing great since 09, course my truck sat for 1.5yr of that time. It's been good but I think my next starter will have a lifetime warranty. Seems like the smart thing to do...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a two year old DB starter and a one year old hi-output DB alternator and are happy with both. The truck starts much faster with the DB starter. This past year I logged about 50,000 miles commuting to work and the old girl performed flawlessly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts