Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
From what I understand you just need to purchase the module and plug it in. The plug is around the drivers side front fender with a dummy plug in it now.

·
don't play well w others
3,664 Posts
Subscribing
I would love to have this on my 94, and 95. Bought a harness kit, but it requires the wiring to be cut and spliced.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Me too

Subbed

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Look around the drivers side headlight for a harness with just a dead end cap on it. That cap is the shunt that needs to be replaced by the module to activate DRL's.

I saw mine a number of years ago when I was poking around there. It is just plug and play to get them or remove them. No extra harnesses are needed

·
don't play well w others
3,664 Posts
Here is the modal

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
From what I understand any Ford/Lincoln DRL module will work. A lot of owners that want DRL's have got them out of a junk yard.

Here is the Ford part number. F43Z-15A272-A

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Or you could swap with someone North of the 48th as they come standard on Canuck rigs.... just sayin.
j

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I did the conversion on my 94. It really is as simple as locating the harness plug down below the driver's headlight behind the bumper and grill, unplugging the jumper plug and plugging in the module. I got mine for $15 used. A note: I went to do the same on my 97 (a California 97 FWIW) and there is no plug anywhere on the harness. It may be just a Cali 97 thing, but I thought I'd mention it. Cheers!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I did the conversion on my 94. It really is as simple as locating the harness plug down below the driver's headlight behind the bumper and grill, unplugging the jumper plug and plugging in the module. I got mine for $15 used. A note: I went to do the same on my 97 (a California 97 FWIW) and there is no plug anywhere on the harness. It may be just a Cali 97 thing, but I thought I'd mention it. Cheers!
You went to the salvage yard ? or bought from someone used ?

Anyone who's gotten one from a yard - what vehicle specifically did you pull it from ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
If I remember correctly you can get it from just about any Ford/Lincoln vehicle. But if I was going to try and find one at a junkyard I would take the dummy plug with me to make sure that the plugs match

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,419 Posts
Hmm, I've always seen that plug and though maybe it was the front impact sensor for the airbag. Learn something new everyday!

·
Project Shamu
2,419 Posts
I thought they came out in 96 or 97? I know mine didn't have one in the steering wheel, but I wasn't sure if it didn't have one in the passenger side. I think the OBS F150s did because they had then in the steering wheel right?

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
The OBS trucks never did have one but the F150's did. Ford didn't start putting them into F250+ trucks until 99 except for the abortion of the light duty F250 in 97

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Learned 2 things today, thanks!
As long as we are still learning we are making progress.

When I was working and they would send me to a school for some new technology a couple of years after I had started working with it my boss would always ask me if I learned anything. I always told him that I did, I never did tell him that I learned that the class was worthless, just that I learned something.>:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts