Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dylan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I don't know if this was already posted on here....but i found some perfect paint if you want to color match your dash pod's. It's the Krylon Fusion for Plastics in "Textured Shimmer". It matches the silver color of the dash almost dead on. I've attached some pictures of it installed.

Attachments

·
Dylan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good man! Definitely seems to match well.
Thanks Jeff. Yeah, I was suprised. It might be a shade darker...but if you put the last coat on real dry...so the metallic stands up in the paint...it's as exact as you're gonna get.

·
Dylan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
which pod is that? was considering going in that direction

·
Dylan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which pod is that? was considering going in that direction
That is the Edge pod. You can see it needs a little trimming to be perfect up near the windshield pillar to follow the contour of the dash. But it fits really well...I didn't even use the double back tape include. Just snaps on.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
That is the Edge pod. You can see it needs a little trimming to be perfect up near the windshield pillar to follow the contour of the dash. But it fits really well...I didn't even use the double back tape include. Just snaps on.
Cool thanks. How is the glare or lack there of. Since you can't adjust the angle of the DD. I am tall so most things aren't adjusted for my line of sight.

·
Dylan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks. How is the glare or lack there of. Since you can't adjust the angle of the DD. I am tall so most things aren't adjusted for my line of sight.
I hear ya, I'm 6'5". The angle is perfect for viewing the screen. It's turned in and aiming up slightly. You do get some glare on the screen if the driver's window is down (or you don't have tint) and it's sunny....but I live in Washington state...so I don't have to worry about it most of the time!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I hear ya, I'm 6'5". The angle is perfect for viewing the screen. It's turned in and aiming up slightly. You do get some glare on the screen if the driver's window is down (or you don't have tint) and it's sunny....but I live in Washington state...so I don't have to worry about it most of the time!
Thanks for the info, sounds like it will work fine. I am 6'6" so probably will give it a try.

·
Dylan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dylan
Being just outside of Shelton Washington myself where did you get the paint?
I found it at Ace Hardware. Although I've seen it at Home Depot and O'Reilly Auto Parts as well. Have fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts