Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a ford chart to what all these numbers and parameters specify ?

I threw mine into test / check mode and watched the ( what i think was the coolant temp ) and it had climbed well into 125/130 Celsius, Which couldn't have been right, so i'm wondering if it was coolant temp ? It seemed to warm up with the gauge, and followed consistency with the warm up of the truck.

I've never had an overheating issue, i'm just wondering if the sensor is off, or if it's not the right one?

I want to buy a scan gauge to keep a little better eye on things, but i don't like the idea of something so small ?!
Does any one know of a cheap / free / affordable way to monitor temps with a laptop, or something a little bigger than the scan-gauge II ?

EDIT: I hate when i can't think of the name of what i'm looking for, only to type it out in a post, Search for it, and come up with what i was looking for, but it still doesn't answer my coolant temp quandries.

Dashboard / odometer diagnostics chart

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No no, i posted the link to what i was looking for, Thus changing my question to

"My ODOMETER shows 125C in the coolant temp part, which equates to roughly 240F* "

That can't be right can it ?

To enter the instrument cluster self diagnostic mode with the engine off, depress and hold the odometer reset button. Turn the ignition switch to the
RUN position and hold until the gauges sweep (within five to eight seconds). Depress the reset button once to advance to each stage of the self-test.
Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit the instrument cluster self-diagnostic mode. If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, proceed to the
Symptom Chart to continue diagnostics. See: Diagnosis By Symptom/Instrument Cluster

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello new to the forum. I worked at a Ford dealership for 10 years. 2001 to 2011, 2 years ago bought a 2004 F550, 3 months ago stopped to refuel. Started truck turned around truck died and hasn't restarted since. I assumed it was cam or crank sensor related, had no tachometer reading on cluster, replaced both sensors no luck. Removed wiring harness and checked for damaged wiring. Damaged FICM to engine harness connector, replaced, no start. Found damaged power pins on same connector replaced logic board, no start. Still no rpm on dash, showing rpm on cheap scanner, but no codes. Today reading form came across instrument cluster self test. Performed test and have a list of codes. Unable to find definitions for IC dtc's. This is about to drive me nuts. Truck has been a powerhouse for me since I purchased it. But the past 3 months I've almost set it on fire a couple times. I've been working out of town and since the breakdown had to start living in a standard cab flatbed. ICP voltage is good, fuel pressure great, get a RPM reading from scanner but doesn't tell me if I have sync. Have injector buzz, but no start. Please help.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
Could you list the codes?

Do you have an injector pulse width signal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts