Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Nope. The dash color is not determined by the bulbs. Its the overlay that changes the color.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
The Blue gauges? Like these?

If so your going to need a dash overlay kit, you can find them on Ebay all the time.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
DP has a blue one as well... I ran one before I wised up and went back to a TS type chip.

Its Ebay... Crap shoot at best.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
IIRC there was a member on here that un soldered and soldered in blue lights.. I will try and dig it up

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
IIRC there was a member on here that un soldered and soldered in blue lights.. I will try and dig it up

Fordforgotten did it years ago, but again, you cant change the color of the dash without changing the overlay. He pulled his apart and stripped off the green and hit it with a blue sharpy...

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Nope, REDPOWERSMOKER.

List of parts

Cold beer.? Check
Soldering iron. Check
3mm leds from eBay. Check
Steady hand? Check.
The balls to tear into dash and everything needed. That's what's the beer is for. Lol.

If you decide to do it just be really patient. It's a pita.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe I would by a background from black cat customs, now that I did more digging... I could definitly pull off the soldering though.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It depends on the year of your truck, IIRC the 99-04 trucks, youcan use some alcohol on the guage face and remove the greenish tint, then replace the bulbs for your color choice.

In my 06 i did not have that option...i called black cat customz and they made me a custom guage set up, i also re-wired all red LEDs into my factory switches....

Interior LED COLOR CHANGE!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts