Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
i have never sen so many gauges, i like it!
It was never mean to be that way... but once you get started...LOL

There is NO reason for anymore then 8 period.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sure there is. ;)LOL Maybe not one everyone woudl understand or agree with. I am one of those guys that like to know as much as I can about what's going on with things. If just for info purpose alone. I get what you are saying though but its still cool the way you have it. Its also looks to have been done correctly and professionally not wires visible and hanging all of the place. Not many people know how hot the diff cook when pulling a heavy load, fronts in 4x4, transfer case, etc But you have the actual numbers and what effects etc. Certainly not necessary for most but still very cool to have that data and it looks great.

Can you post a list of all the gauges and what you have them monitoring or a link to where you already listed them?

I was thinking about building a center console to fit the hump in front the factory console between the front seats. Mounting my CB and then a full series of gauges all angled up at the driver.

I was worried about the steering shaft gauges mount covering up parts of the main consoles gauges.

·
Registered
203 Posts
it looks sweet! haha you have like over 2 grand in gauges!, where did you get the panel that goes around the speedo and tach?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Sure there is. ;)LOL Maybe not one everyone woudl understand or agree with. I am one of those guys that like to know as much as I can about what's going on with things. If just for info purpose alone. I get what you are saying though but its still cool the way you have it. Its also looks to have been done correctly and professionally not wires visible and hanging all of the place. Not many people know how hot the diff cook when pulling a heavy load, fronts in 4x4, transfer case, etc But you have the actual numbers and what effects etc. Certainly not necessary for most but still very cool to have that data and it looks great.

Can you post a list of all the gauges and what you have them monitoring or a link to where you already listed them?

I was thinking about building a center console to fit the hump in front the factory console between the front seats. Mounting my CB and then a full series of gauges all angled up at the driver.

I was worried about the steering shaft gauges mount covering up parts of the main consoles gauges.
A-pillar, Top to bottom...

Manifold Pressure 0-60
Boost Pressure 0-60
Right Pyro
Left Pyro

Overhead pod Left to Right

Tranny Temp 0-280
Diff Temp 0-280
Oil Temp 0-280
Water Temp 0-280

Under Dash Left to Right

Fuel Pressure 0-100
Oil Pressure 0-100
Air Pressure 0-180

Dash Suround

Drive oil Pressure 0-400
Post IC air temp 0-280
Volts
Fuel level (big tank in bed)

and then a scan gauge on the steering column and a water pressure gauge on the dash for water injection.

with the performax line I can press a button and get all the gauges to go to there max reading... FYI, you can not see the flicker with the naked eye. The camera picks up the PWM of the lighting...

it looks sweet! haha you have like over 2 grand in gauges!, where did you get the panel that goes around the speedo and tach?
I dont want to say the cost... but I will say I test for Isspro. I have been running the Performax line for about 3-4 years now. Still have some of the first Alpha gauges in my toolbox...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
That must be very nice all lite up at night!!!!

YOu are keeping an eye on jsut about everything. LOL

ISSPRO is what I am going with this time. Had Autometer last truck.

What CB is that?

And what are the red and looks to be green lights on the left of the steering column in the first pic?

What have you found the post intercooler air charge temps to run?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
That must be very nice all lite up at night!!!!

YOu are keeping an eye on jsut about everything. LOL

ISSPRO is what I am going with this time. Had Autometer last truck.

What CB is that?

And what are the red and looks to be green lights on the left of the steering column in the first pic?

What have you found the post intercooler air charge temps to run?
CB was my dads... I dont think he ever used it, but when we moved him into the altimers home it was about the only thing I took. Brother and sister took everything else. I dont need one, but its something of his so I installed it.

Red and Green and Orange LED's on the a-pillar are for...

Red=GPR
Green=Water injection on
Orange=Water injection spraying

Post IC temps are about 10-50* above air temp. It depends on how hard I am pushing it. The sender we are using right now is not as responsive as I would like, but I have not bugged michael in a long time about a differant one...LOL

I started out with Isspro Lunars, then Ultralites...:doh:

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
csipsd, someday i hope my truck has what yous has!
Thanks, its been... Interesting.

im pretty sure im going to get the dash bezzel and the steering column one

Lets be clear, out of all the pods I have that one is my least favorite. Be prepared for a lot of double sided tape and even a few push pins to get it just right. The one thing that really holds mine in is the two lower gauges.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
do you guys think if i painted the bezzel and the pod white it would look good?

sorry for hijacking your thread op!

Arggg thread hijack!!!:evil

Paint them to match the interior IMHO...

·
Registered
202 Posts
A-pillar, Top to bottom...

Manifold Pressure 0-60
Boost Pressure 0-60
Right Pyro
Left Pyro

Overhead pod Left to Right

Tranny Temp 0-280
Diff Temp 0-280
Oil Temp 0-280
Water Temp 0-280

Under Dash Left to Right

Fuel Pressure 0-100
Oil Pressure 0-100
Air Pressure 0-180

Dash Suround

Drive oil Pressure 0-400
Post IC air temp 0-280
Volts
Fuel level (big tank in bed)

How do you like the four gauge pod? I am going to get one but havent heard any feedback on one in regards to visibility compared to the three pod version?

I like your dual pyro's, thats a valuable tool if one bank had a cylinder that was getting bad, it would show that in a temp increase I would imagine? I was thinking about getting dual cylinder head temp gauges for that reason, would be a little cheaper than the pyro's but would they be as effective?

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
i asked this before but is their a way of hiding your gauges so people would think your truck is still stock???

·
Registered
203 Posts
you could mount them in the glove box and just leave it open then close it when whoever your foolin comes around? might be a pain in the arse though lol

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
you could mount them in the glove box and just leave it open then close it when whoever your foolin comes around? might be a pain in the arse though lol
haha thats a good idea!
any other places????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts