Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question is on the dashdaq is 1760 degrees the highest it reads for egts? Sec question is what can I do to lower my egts. If I lay on the throttle by 100mph the egts are at 1760 on the dashdaq and if I'm in a truck pull they hit that about half way down the track. I know and intercooler would help but how much? What can I do to loose like 3 to 400 degress?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Keep in mind these trucks are built to take heat. If you ever have to put your dpf back on, do a log when it's in regen. Holding the truck WOT for the 14 seconds or less is merely like waving your hand through a candle flame. A truck run shouldn't be enough to heat sink the motor. The highest dashdaq degree reading is 1760 but I believe the temp probes will read higher. First step to lowering egt's will be a full turbo back exhaust. Next full egr/cooler delete with an aftermarket elbow and coldside pipe. This will also add to the reliability factor of the truck. There is a recent write up on here of an intercooler comparison. I think the yielded a 90 degree temp loss at WOT. For the money IMO the stock cooler is suffice. I'd rather put that money towards better turbo's. The drop in batmowheel also drop the egt's a little.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the cold side pipe and elbow with full egr delete and waste gate and elites original 56 71mm turbos, and a 4 inch down pipe to 5 inch exhaust. The sled pulls hit the temp well running a small shot of nitrous and all three jets of water meth. So the intercooler is the only other thing I know I can do? But your right 90 degs don't seem worth it. Am I missing anything that would help?

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
What boost pressure you running at? You sure your not pushing the turbos past their compressor limits and just creating more heat. You could add a stage of water meth in between the turbos. Ported intake manifold might flow better and need less boost to pass threw it. 6.0 exhaust manifolds would help flow too and that add spool up and might lower egts. Who's tunes are you running? It seems some tuners over fuel like crazy and just create heat but don't make any more power. You can poor all the fuel you want but if you don't have the airflow your just creating unneeded heat. Best of luck.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have ported heads and larger valves also. i am running the spartan 310 tune but its from back before it was even released so not all the bugs were worked out of it idk if that makes a diferance with fueling, next week hope to update with there newest tunes including the 350. do you thing the 6.0 headers are a huge improvement over the stock ones? i had mine ceramic coated. or do you think headers would make even more of an improvment?

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
6.0 manifolds can survive the heat. A ported intake manifold would help. I'd run Eric's tunes personally as I was never happy with any of my spartan tunes. What boost are you running at? When I was messing with setting my gate up I found 47pso boost on tow powers gave me the best egt to power ratio. I could keep the throttle pinned and the egts wouldn't go insane right away.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Running with an empty truck at wot about 50 to 53 psi. Pulling 58psi. My dasdaq reads the same as my probe for my water meth so don't think its the sensor. Ill have to get the new tunes and see what that does.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
What is your rail pressure? What size nozzles do you have?

We did a pulling truck with 100% over nozzles, CP3 twin pump, the stock turbos and added a wastegate, and that thing has never come close to that high of egts. We have the wastegate set up on that to open at 75 psi backpressure and will make upper 50's psi boost.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
120 nozzles and 85 percent over pump. Wastegate just has whatever spring I got woth it idk what pound spring it is but does hit alwmost 60 psi.

·
Registered
544 Posts
OP ...I am interested to see your thoughts of the 350 tune for pulling. It is a monster down low and IMO will be an awesome sled tune. You should fill out your sig so folks know what you have already and don't suggest it again. Or not LOL

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have not payed attention to the frp when at those egts

Awsome can't wait to get that 350 tune and try it out! Unfortunatly I'm from wisconsin and won't be doint any more pulling til sprin :(

Ya that's true I should say what is done already save a little time lol

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
120 nozzles and 85 percent over pump. Wastegate just has whatever spring I got woth it idk what pound spring it is but does hit alwmost 60 psi.
Is it the industrial pump? The nozzles are Elites right? I thought they made a 110 hp nozzles?

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pump is industrials. The nozzles are made from a differant company tat flows the whole injecter to match them all not just the nozzle

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There by exergy that's what I was told they did to them weather they were lieing I have no idea

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
There by exergy that's what I was told they did to them weather they were lieing I have no idea
I get injectors from Exergy, you should have gotten a flow sheet with them. What did they flow at 180 mpa and 2800uS PW?

Looks like this.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a flow sheet but I have had the injectors for over a year and just got truck runnin to wees ago so I have no cluevwere it is

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.