Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to put the truck into drive today and it hopped a little bit. When I went to take off it kept hopping so I turned around and went back home. Ran it in reverse up the driveway just fine and when I went to put it back into drive it stalled out. What's going on here? I can't move the dang thing anywhere in drive or the lower gears it just keeps stalling. Just had that pos rebuilt by ford 2.5 years ago so its still under warranty but I'm not sure if its worth it to even take them up on the warranty.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has input? I'm thinking my converter took a dump. I don't have a scan tool so I haven't been able to read codes.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
That is a text book torque converter failure. do not drive it anymore until you replace the converter. You will fry the trans if you do. Either step up to a 6.0L converter or a billet converter.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
That is a text book torque converter failure. do not drive it anymore until you replace the converter. You will fry the trans if you do. Either step up to a 6.0L converter or a billet converter.
the 6.0 converter does require an adapter in order to use it. from my understanding its so it seats to the pump correctly and doesnt cause a pump failure. I talked to john wood briefly about it since I am getting one that was already installed on an e4od so I just need to check with the orignal builder and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I've also heard the pump going out causes stalls too. Either way, I think you're going to have to pull the trans.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm its so tempting to just shell out the cash for the BTS even though it couldn't have happened at a more inconvenient time :doh: thanks for the imput guys that's why I love this forum!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts