Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team, I am inspecting the rear drums on my 95 7.3 dually and the wheel seal (F2TZ-1S175-CA)??? on the passenger side does not have a (dust / splash) rubber (see image L-Hub which i assume has been lost in the trucks life.

#1 Can you buy these dust / splash) rubber individually #2 if not, do I have to remove the wheel seal and replace as a whole, (seam a pain) #3 is there a getta round or hack ??.

#4 do we have access to down loadable exploded parts diagrams... $$

#5 when i reassemble what is the torque setting for the Spindle Nut, and again do we have access to down loadable manual... $$

Thank you all...

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,468 Posts
you sure that is a dana axle? 95 should have a sterling 10.25 rear axle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Team, I am inspecting the rear drums on my 95 7.3 dually and the wheel seal (F2TZ-1S175-CA)??? on the passenger side does not have a (dust / splash) rubber (see image L-Hub which i assume has been lost in the trucks life.

#1 Can you buy these dust / splash) rubber individually #2 if not, do I have to remove the wheel seal and replace as a whole, (seam a pain) #3 is there a getta round or hack ??.

#4 do we have access to down loadable exploded parts diagrams... $$

#5 when i reassemble what is the torque setting for the Spindle Nut, and again do we have access to down loadable manual... $$

Thank you all...
In short I am not sure, i thought it was a Dana 80 DRW, so my apologies for being a dummy and showing my ignorance... Red Face glow...

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Your 95 DRW (assuming its an F350) will have a 10.25 Sterling rear end (as tjctransport mentioned). Here's a diagram. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your 95 DRW (assuming its an F350) will have a 10.25 Sterling rear end (as tjctransport mentioned). Here's a diagram. Cheers!
Thank you this is exactly what I am after and can I purchase a complete parts listing... I know I can get a works manual on a CD but I don't own a CD player?
Happy Days...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The black part you are pointing to on the Rt. spindle is the inner half of the hub seal that came apart when you pulled the hub. It is a 2 piece seal that is pressed into the hub, and pushed onto the spindle DRY when the hub goes on. May have to use the nut. It must grip the spindle and spins within itself. If it spins on the spindle it will probably leak. Do not disassemble the new seal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks "680" and is there a Ford Specific tool that i required to remove and press-fit this unitized hub seal...or a "JerryRig" removal and tappy tappy approach...

·
don't play well w others
4,166 Posts

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: tjctransport

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you and yes I do have this tool, and what I was referring to is the seal its self (which I now know is SFK
Scotseal PlusXL 34384). I was inquiring... is there a Ford tool to take the seal of and press fit back on?... Or is it just a case of gentle tap tap to remove and gently dry push the new seal on???.. Any one who can share this experience with help as I can figure it out myself, and I just don't wanna wreck a new seal because I'm being a dummy.. Cheers all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts