Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a dana 60 off a 96 dodge 3/4 front end fit the 97 ford front end????

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
We have a leaf spring suspension, they have coils and a kind of 4-link. Yes it can be made to fit, but I'd rather stick with a D50 than stick one of those piles of trash under the front of my truck. And believe me, I want a D60 BAD. Dodge D60's are junk.

Dave

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree. i was on craigslist and found the one out of the dodge so i figured i would ask real quick.... Just the new tires put on the truck so next comes the 60

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
not to hijack the thread but what makes the dodge d60 worse? whats different from one the the other? i thought just the suspension mounts were different..
please inform me

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Replace the knuckle out and your good.. Ive taken a dodge axle and added Chevy and or Ford knucles to them.. On my buggy I used a 70'ford D44 (Drum) and put 83' Dodge D44 knuckles and hardware on it.. The D60 works the same way but you need to measure and swap out the outer stubshaft to match the knuckle..

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You would still have the CAD(center axle disconnect) on the dodge axle and they are a garbage setup. The CAD is known for breaking which eliminates your 4wd. You would have to purchase extra materials in order to eliminate it or you would have to wire it up to work on top of all the other work to make the axle fit. It is really not worth the trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts