Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering:

Looking to do a SRW to DRW swap on my 2000 250SD 2WD. I know I need a Dana 80, but I found a 10.5 cheap so i was wondering:

The 10.5's shock mounts are attached by U-bolts, so the shock mounts will work right?

Are the two axles leaf spring mounting points the same distance apart?

And, Is the drive shaft mounting flange the same?

Any help would be appreciated, Also, let me know if anyone has a D80 for sale thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well first off, take measurements and find out what you have.
What year truck did the sterling come out of? Make sure it's a 10.50 and not a 10.25.

(if its the right year 10.50) The sterling and the dana both have a flange on the pinion shaft...you will need to take measurements to find out if the bolt pattern is the same though. I would say it is by guessing, but measure it and find out.
Leaf spring perches, I would also think they'd stay the same, but measure and find out.
Pull the diff. cover before you buy it and inspect the inside.
What gear ratio are you looking for?

I myself prefer a dana 80.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well first off, take measurements and find out what you have.
What year truck did the sterling come out of? Make sure it's a 10.50 and not a 10.25.

(if its the right year 10.50) The sterling and the dana both have a flange on the pinion shaft...you will need to take measurements to find out if the bolt pattern is the same though. I would say it is by guessing, but measure it and find out.
Leaf spring perches, I would also think they'd stay the same, but measure and find out.
Pull the diff. cover before you buy it and inspect the inside.
What gear ratio are you looking for?

I myself prefer a dana 80.
Yeah, the D80 lug pattern is 8 x 170mm right?
I don't know what year truck, what model it was in, anything so I'm skeptical on whether it will work or not, I wanna say it has rear drums too so that DEFINITELY will not work. A Dana80 out of a cab in chassis will work if i modify the leaf spring mounts right? same driveshaft flange?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Your truck has a 10.50 in it right now.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Yeah, the D80 lug pattern is 8 x 170mm right?
I don't know what year truck, what model it was in, anything so I'm skeptical on whether it will work or not, I wanna say it has rear drums too so that DEFINITELY will not work. A Dana80 out of a cab in chassis will work if i modify the leaf spring mounts right? same driveshaft flange?
You need a dana 80 to make your truck a dually. The axle is wider to make up for the offset of a dually wheel if I remember correctly. Superduty dana 80's from 99' to 04' all have an 8 x 170 bolt pattern which is what you have right now as well. I'm pretty sure a dana 80 from a cab and chassis will work if you move the spring perch's out because a cab and chassis frame is narrower.

·
Registered
145 Posts
All you need do do is buy spacers. The cheapest way is putting spacers on your current axle. There are many company's out there that have made them for our trucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts