Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dana 60

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  gnxtc2 
#1 ·
About to go get a working parts truck for its Dana 60 for 1,000$.. What should I be looking at on the Dana 60? Trucks a 1994 f350 7.3l IDI with 90,000 miles

#3 ·
Moved it..alway get the 7.3 forums messed up. Just want to know of this is a good deal. The engine overheats and is having a compression problem but it runs till it over heatd. And im really just want the axels and some other goodies and rebuild/mod the engine and plop it in a Bronco eventually

#4 ·
As long as the housing isn't bent or super rusted.. There's not much else to look for wrong with the axel in that aspect. They sell alone for 1000 Plus, so your already making out.

#5 ·
grab it.

#6 ·
sweet that's what I wanted to hear!

#7 ·
also I heard that I will need to do a caliper modification for it to fit my 96 can someone point me in the right direction for a forum on that? or is that false

#8 ·
use the 94 parts

#9 ·
Over all your not getting a horrible deal but 60's are not holding the value they once were. Ive wheeled and dealed on 3 of them in the last year, most $ was 750. For just a bone yard 60 right now I wouldnt give over 500$ complete.

You can probably get 125-150 for the sterling rear and 400 in scrap for the rest. So not a bad deal if your willing to do the work.

#12 ·
I got it. so many parts off of it will help my build..it was a steal

thank you all

#15 ·
im going to use the 94 ones

#16 ·
Look for sloppy tie rod ends and drag link ends. Wiggle the axle shaft u joints, if there bad thats about 90 for those two ujoints. With the truck in 2wd and hubs unlocked see how it feels spinning the drive shaft. It should feel pretty smooth, if not bearings and the ring and pinion could be trouble. If you can jack the front up rock the tires in and out from top to bottom if there is skip the ball joints are shot. Also make sure the hubs work they aren't near as cheap as they use to be. I'm sure I've forgot a few things.

#18 ·
Anyway someone can link all these D60 threads together or something? There's like 3 or 4 of these things going now in the OBS section. Not to be rude but everyone's asking the same questions over and over. Getting a bit rediculous...........I'd do this myself but have no idea how to.

#20 ·
No, not with the '94 parts, but that's not what you originally said.

Honestly I didn't have a hard time finding the knuckles. It took two different junkyards to find them, but I did it in a day. Everyone kept telling me how hard it would be, but I tried anyhow succesfully.

#21 ·
The '94 axle is ball jointed but with slide pin calipers. The rotors are slightly smaller also.

My D60 is a '94. I too hunted for 95-97 knuckles and found a pair, took approximately 2-3 years to find a set.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.