Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a Dana 60 and I keep comin across dodge ones can I run a dodge front end on my obs

·
Registered
660 Posts
they are a very different setup, not saying its impossible, but it would take way more time and money than its worth, you want a dana 60 from a ford F350 86-97 model years.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I found mine afer searching car-part .com for some time. I paid $600 for it at a yard back your way shipped to west coast still bleow asking around here. The second I got for free through work connections. I have found parts for them in yards in western Canada, had no problem getting down here. I know a yard in Montana that has two if interested.

It is getting more common to swap front and rear from a 99-2004 because they are around. There are pro's and cons to that.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Ill have a kingpin 4:10 for sale hopefully within the next week or two. Only taking it out to change to 3:55.

PM me if you'd be interested. I'm 2hrs north of NYC.

Just can't find time to swap it out.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
I have 2 dana 60s one ball joint, one king pin.
they are both COMPLETE(track bar, track bar mount, drivers side u-bolt plate{each piece with $100+ each})

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
Whats better balljoint or kingpin?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Kingpin is stronger, but you'll likely never push a balljoint D60 to its limits anyhow. The '95-97 balljoint 60s have larger brakes with bolt on calipers instead of the stupid slide pin retainers.

Like anything, each has its good points and bad points.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
for our trucks I like the balljoint. leave the kingpin and its deathwobble issues to hard core wheelers.
I also have a collection of d60s :) if I see them for under $1000 when I have cash I buy them up

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update on this post I'm not doin the swap any more I was t boned by a mack truck on Wednesday night so I'm actually in the market for a new truck

·
Registered
187 Posts
for our trucks I like the balljoint. leave the kingpin and its deathwobble issues to hard core wheelers.
I also have a collection of d60s :) if I see them for under $1000 when I have cash I buy them up
AGREED! Never could understand why be going out of the way for a KP axle for a truck that isn't a serious off road rig. Get the 95-97 balljoint axle and have the best brakes they ever made for the OBS. Larger diameter rotors, and the caliper rails don't wear out, stick or rattle.

One of mine I had a free 92-94 axle and I hunted and found a pair of knuckles for it so it has the good brakes too.

I've seen a few, but I never seem to have cash at the time!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just an update on this post I'm not doin the swap any more I was t boned by a mack truck on Wednesday night so I'm actually in the market for a new truck
Damn..............Well since you are posting I'm guessing you are OK. ?That is the important thing!
If the frame isn't bent fix it or let one of us have it. We all need good parts, or you could use it to build another. Don't let it go to scrap! Buy it back if you can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts