Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped in my Dana 60 from a 1989 F350. I pulled the double cardan driveshaft and yoke from the F350. It probably needs all new u-joints, too. Will there be a problem keeping the F250 driveshaft, it seems to work fine, I drove with the 4x4 engaged today up to 50 mph and no vibration. Or is the F350 double cardan drive shaft better and worth the swap in? Looking for opinions here before I take the plunge. Also, I am planning on doing a 3" RSK/V code swap in the future. Is the F350 driveshaft better for that or will the F250 shaft work fine, too?

Thanks.

Rusty

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Your suspension is all stock OBS F350, correct? I am pretty sure the F250 driveshaft is gonna be fine.

But to you guys that have done a 3" RSK/V code swap, is the F250 driveshaft still working fine or did you need to switch to the F350 double cardan?

Thanks.

Rusty

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Mine has F350 DS on the sig truck, CaryT I think recommends the F350 DS... I would get it rebuilt for when you do the Shackel Reveral Kit... Even it you do not use it would think you would have no problem selling it as lots of guys are looking for them. also I think you need the specific yoke for the double cardigan to fit bolt upto the transfer case.

jrc

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, have the yoke for it, too. I think I will hold on to it, but it sure is tempting to sell it to replenish the truck fund a bit.

Thanks.

Rusty

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
The added height from adding the RS kit and V codes makes the F350 CV a better choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts