Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 f250 hd 4x4 psd, just bought the truck. Workn the bugs out. Was gonna do a brake job n after realizing the ttb front end seems to be worn out also. So should I rebuild or do a d60 swap? The truck right now is the d50 ttb on leaf springs setup. Missin a few nuts n bolts . N was just kinda kept runnin n not really looked after. As of now I have 2 other vehicles to get around. So what do u guys think? Is the rebuild worth doin or is the 60 the way to go? Ive never done a swap like this if that's the outcome. Can u guys help point me right? What's all involved with the swap? I really appreciate the help :bow:

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
The swap is a simple bolt in, get a d60 with the 350 springs, all the steering parts and track bar and track bar bracket. You will want a d60 out of a 350, 89-97.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a complete set up bout ahalf hour from my house this morn, from a 90 350.,guys asking 850 . It's out of the truck. I'm headed down after breakfast . Anything I should be weary or look for?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well got it, 4:10gear complete with springs , calipers , tie rods , track bar n bracket. One thing that crossed my mind....do I need the pitman ARM? Dang I forgot.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right on. Sounds good. Looks like I'm just gonna start rebuilding this d60 n when its done ill bolt it in. Any recomended places to purchase rebuild kits?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
If your doing the gears I would call randys ring and pinion.

But doing the swap.......easy as pie as the holes are there for the track bar bracket. Take ya about 4hrs.....

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Not a problem, if you need any more help let me know. Also the axle swap expert is cat_rebel, in one year he did like a dozen swaps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a question for ya, the truck has 6 inch blocks in the rear , is that like a cheap way to lift? But now the real question. The leaf spring package in the front has about 6 leafs , and is about close to 3 inch stack. The springs I got from the 350 are 2 leaf and around 1.5 - 1.75 inch . How does this affect the height of the front end when I use the 350 springs? I was planning on tossing the rear blocks n having a new package made for the rear. Do I have to do anything like re arc the front ? Should I install the front as is and adjust the rear accordingly? I like the ride height right now but it wouldn't hurt if I had to go a bit lower.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really don't know what this truck has. Just what I see. I got it from a guy that knew zero bout it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts