Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a miserably failing TTB that has never been right since I squished the mitsubishi eclipse into the pavement. I wanted to swap it with a D60 but happened across a D50 out of an SD real cheap. came complete with all steering and leafs. For an everyday driver and a stock 7.3, I am thinking this will be fine for me...after all the TTb is 15 years old. Is there some success with the 50s?

·
rock blower upper
242 Posts
only difference in a sd 50 to 60 is the ring and pinion gear size and the bearing size , also the axle shafts are smaller at the carrier end .tube size etc wheel bearings, brakes , knuckles, steering, is all the same

·
Registered
270 Posts
Should be fine for you. The only issues I foresee are the normal ones for a axle swap; gear ratio, lug pattern and spring perch position. Just read up on D60 swaps from a SD and everything should apply to the D50.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I needed new wheels anyway, got the front and rear axles along with all the steering and the leaf springs. It is missing the hubs so I will need hubs unless mine fit, and the rsk I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts