Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 F-250 stroke and an obviously worn out DANA 50 front end at least the ball joints are. Now this is my plow truck and I have plowed quite a bit in the past and this will my first year plowing with this truck, now I dont really have the time or money to completely fix everything this year and will not be doing a D60 swap anytime soon. Is there anything that I should be aware of before hanging my plow. To add to that i had a 85 full size bronco with that damned TTB :mad: set up and plowed with it for years with no front end work ever and never gave me a lick of problems, Im wondering if I may be safe with the way my stoke is for the time being?
Thanks in advance and Semper Fi

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
i would at least do balljoints to get you threw the winter. then maybe by spring/summer you can afford a dana 60. the dana 50 is a strong axle when in tip top shape. i hooked to some heavy sh!t in my old idi and drug it wherever i want it to go. if your just wanting to get by the cheap way, i would use masterpro ball joints. around $20 each at oreilys and have a lifetime warrenty. there really not that bad if you keep em greased. there not the best but get you by.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If the ball joints are really bothering you just change em with some cheapies to get through the winter and begin the search for a D60. Inspect the u-joints as well. I just did my u-joints to get me through the winter and its not as bad of a job as everyone says. Even the middle joint. I think i have 4-5 hrs in the job maybe. With the right tools the ball joints are easy. Get the spindle remover from Autozone and a good slide hammer.

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, its just hard to find the time to do them and I sure as hell am not paying a shop $800 bucks to do them, I have done the U-joints on a D50 before and it really isnt bad but boy what a dumb A$$ design, freakin stupid how you have to drop the diff to get out two stupid little retainer clips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts