Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess someone was in need of a black plastic tailgate cap, because they got mine. Yea.... that strip of black plastic that runs across the top of your tailgate. Noticed it was missing last night. I know it was there Monday afternoon because I loaded some things in the back of the truck. So sometime between Monday afternoon and later yesterday afternoon. At first I thought maybe it had just popped off somewhere. Took a closer look, and you can see scratch marks in the paint around both edges where they pryed it off. There's a dent in both sides on the edge of the plastic bed cap where it looks like they had a screwdriver prying. Seriously though...... a plastic tailgate cap??? Those things cost $20 tops! Thieves will definitely steal ANYTHING! :evil

Now, where can I find a replacement one? Checked LMC but couldn't find one. I figured they would have one for sure. Anyone know of a good place to look?

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Dang thats ridiculous man! better watch out hub caps might be next and anything else, shoot you may walk out one morning to find you pickup setting on blocks with no wheels lol

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't put anything past people anymore. The neighborhood I'm in is generally really quiet. There's an apartment complex down the street that's turned a little ghetto over the past 6 mths, and people have started seeing things disappear around their homes lately. I wouldn't think some punk ghetto ass kid would steal a plastic tailgate cap though.... that had to be someone who needed one! All I have to say is don't let me catch someone stealing from me.......

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Thanks they nabbed my Shorty attenna lastnight...And broke the end off in the hole.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've got a plastic one sitting in the shed if you want it, my new tailgate came with one on it. You can have it for shipping. Just PM me if you want it.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Be happy they did not take the tail gate all together.

·
Dieselitis Incuribis
62 Posts
Not to hijack, but I'll trade you that tailgate cap for this. :doh: Second time in six months and just had both doors repainted from the first attempt. Once again JimmiJammers and Viper save the day :rockon: And yes, that is the jimmijammer still in the door, and the lock cylinder did not twist out of the plastic thanks to the hose clamp that is now in the bottom of the door.

Guys, if you like your trucks get an alarm and jammers now!!! Without an alarm and/or jammers these trucks can be gone in 15 seconds. I don't know a single person with a CC/4x4 that hasn't had them f'ed with a least once. :mad:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts