Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ate another stator......ruined a 1200 mile trip.....figures.....gonna start carrying an extra converter with me at all times.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Re: Damn Converter

If you ain't breakin crap you ain't trying hard enough. Aparently you're trying plenty hard.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts

Sucks to go that far and have something like that crap out on you. Did you feel it coming or did it just let go ?

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

never felt a thing. thought the turbo wouldnt light at first so i brought the spray on WAY early, the didnt help, and JW said, "its definitely the stator again" same exact prob as in houston. cant say i didnt try though, made 5 passes w/ spray on it and drove it home 450 miles from utah.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts

Mike, hopefully you get it back up and running soon!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts

Mike, is that a TCS converter your running? If so I puked one of those a couple months ago. I destroyed the lockup clutches and cracked the forward drum in the trans. Rusty tightened up the stall some more and so far the new one has been great.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yeah shay... he goes to all the races with me!! maybe we need to try one of these PI converters.....

·
Taters #2 Fan
825 Posts

ordering my pi today

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

update......it wasnt my converter.....it must have been too big of a turbo at that altitude!!! she stalls just fine....new turbo on today with some changes....we'll be at the track VERY soon...

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
That was damn cool that John came out here with you guys. So Mike does altitude make a difference?

Tom

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
30 psi in econo tune up there (~6000')...... 40-41 psi down here (~1200') with NO smoke- yeah altitude dont mean squat

1 - 20 of 53 Posts