Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: i just got my truck on the road and ti have a couple problems to address with it like no boost stiff clutch pedal and a S***ty clutch. i really am not liking the dual mass clutch (or is it the flywheel that is the dual mass?) that is in mine. its makin my engine stumble when you press the clutch in. who else hates these damn things?

·
I Like Red Cows
364 Posts
I really like the Centerforce my Uncle and I put into the pulling pickup grabs really low and the harder you push it the more it grabs. I don't know all the specs but I couldn't be happier with it...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the truck is completely stock except for the banks 6 position chip(which will be history once everything is figured out). iv been told by man people and even the techs at ford to get rid of the dual mass set up. i want to do a little sled pulling and i know that the clutch and flywheel wont hold up to it. or atleast thats what the tech said. so from what i get from this is that more or less any aftermarket clutch that converts to a single mass will suffice to anything i want to throw at it? its just a tow rig and my DD.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Everybody says Valair are cheeper but I have been pricing them and the quotes I have been receiving have souyhbend a little cheaper. What valair is everybody getting? I plan on stage 2s and a d66 and I do tow a little so what clutch?

·
Inmate #1
418 Posts
I run a 3800# Valair double disk. It will hold the world, but like 008, it bucks pretty good backing a trailer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts