Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 10 days ago I put a new VSS in my truck and have not had a flashing OD off light until today. The speedo never stopped bouncing between 10-30 mph.

So I make a stop today and once the light turns green I hit the go pedal, the truck feels like its in 3 or 4th gear and not much happens. It then clunks a bit and feels kinda of like a rough downshift. Then it will shift and do everything normal. It has only done it twice today but Im started to get irritated with this thing. Not sure how to fix the problem so I dont have to worry about it any more.

Yes, I ran codes again and just like last time I dont get any codes. I used a snap on tool last time and the dealership tried to pull them for me today and came up nothing.

·
blame the dog..
1,945 Posts
you need to check the connection at the VSS.

maybe crimp the terminals down a shade and rub some di-electric greaze in the female parts..

if that's ok, you need to check VSS output with a lab scope.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you need to check the connection at the VSS.

maybe crimp the terminals down a shade and rub some di-electric greaze in the female parts..

if that's ok, you need to check VSS output with a lab scope.

I will go over everything again tonight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went through and checked the terminals, put some di-electric grease in, drained and re-filled the rear end and followed the wires and all looks fine. Did this saturday and sunday the light tripped again...just once. Its only when I come to a complete stop then take off (like a stop sign or something).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts