Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the biggest injector you can run and still be a fine streetable truck I'm curretly running the setup in my sig an am very happy with it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Re: Dd injectors

blowby has some pretty big sticks looks streetable to me, heck they don't even smoke at 600 hp. alll about the tunes and air I suppose.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Doesn't he have twin chargers? I'm looking to just make a competable 2.6 dd truck I don't think my truck will do to bad with the setup I have now cz the competition around here is real hard

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts

i know what HRT is going to say if he posts here. haha. pretty much was sleeper said any injector out there can be streetable, even with huge nozzles. you just have to adjust your driving habits and tuning. i have no experience with it, but that's what Jason told me when i asked the same thing. :D

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have adjusted quite a bit for the new setup I'm just looking to keep somewhat of fuel mileage as I'm only 17 and have another year of highschool left befor I can work fulltime for my dad

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts

I have adjusted quite a bit for the new setup I'm just looking to keep somewhat of fuel mileage as I'm only 17 and have another year of highschool left befor I can work fulltime for my dad
:eek::eek: your only 17?!?!?! you must have the most bada$$ truck in high school.. when i was in high school i was stuck with stage 1's and edge tuning. couldn't afford anything more and i worked my a$$ off. LOL. heck i make way more now than i did in high school and still can't quite afford to go big yet, but i'm getting there. LoL

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

:eek::eek: your only 17?!?!?! you must have the most bada$$ truck in high school.. when i was in high school i was stuck with stage 1's and edge tuning. couldn't afford anything more and i worked my a$$ off. LOL. heck i make way more now than i did in high school and still can't quite afford to go big yet, but i'm getting there. LoL
ha yea thats what every one says but my dad has a lawn service and i have worked for him since i was big enough to Weedeat.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts

ha yea thats what every one says but my dad has a lawn service and i have worked for him since i was big enough to Weedeat.
lucky little $hit..... wish i coulda had a truck like yours in high school... mine held it's own and outran everyone elses trucks in high school, but there was ONE car i couldn't take and that was a freaking EVO.... Heck your truck might not even take that evo now... back then it would have though!! I'm only 19 so your not too far behind. :D

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

How big do you plan on going with your setup?

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts

How big do you plan on going with your setup?
I think i can get away with something like 350cc/300's or somewhere in that range and drive it on the street whenever i want to. i feel like i would end up smoking everyone out a lot with bigger than 400% nozzles b/c i have a heavy foot as it is, i don't need much more help laying a smoke screen. LOL i think something like that w/ maybe an S475 would put me around the 600-650 range on fuel, but i could be off on my thoughts. I'm getting parts slowly and once i get most or all of them i will tear into it. so far i have the heads to do it w/ slight porting, H11's, DI big pushrods, and an ATI damper will be on order today from DI as well. haven't had time to start building a T4 setup yet.

Hopefully that's enough to do 12's in a 5 speed truck on fuel @ 5800 lbs or so. if not i'm just going to drive the hell out of it and build a dang mustang or something. LOL

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sounds good I'm looking to be around 650 700 befor it's over with

·
Registered
316 Posts

blowby has some pretty big sticks looks streetable to me, heck they don't even smoke at 600 hp. alll about the tunes and air I suppose.
I seen that vid on youtube,who tuned his truck?

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts

What's the biggest injector you can run and still be a fine streetable truck I'm curretly running the setup in my sig an am very happy with it.
Since you have already said you want it to be a 2.6 truck that can compete:

1) What 2.6 rules are you building to?

2) What is your definition of streetable?

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 2.6 rules around here aren't real strict they measure your turbo with a 2.6 plug and thts it and I want it to be able to dd and pull a 6k trailir without major smoke around here I will be able to compete well with the current setup but not win if I can make 650 or 700hp I would be able to win some pulls around here

1 - 20 of 43 Posts