Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United Goal

READ: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17

I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you. —1 Corinthians 1:10 The spotted owl has been disappearing in the US. Originally it was believed that old growth logging was its greatest threat. But research shows that one of the owl’s relatives may be the problem. For the past 15 years, the barred owl has been rapidly migrating westward. Barred owls, which used to live exclusively east of the Mississippi, compete for the same food as spotted owls but are more aggressive and adaptable.

In a similar way, our greatest spiritual conflict often comes not from outside the church, but from other Christians. This was happening in the church of Corinth, and Paul took some time to address the divisive spirit that had grown in this congregation. This spirit threatened the unity of the church. Paul, with a pastoral nudge, encouraged the Corinthians to agree on the essentials and not be divided over the nonessentials. People were quarreling because they were aligning themselves with different Christian leaders—Paul, Apollos, Peter, and even Christ. In creating these divisions, they were valuing their favorite leader above unity in Christ.

Paul said the one essential that should unify the church is preaching the good news. That should be our united goal as well. — Marvin Williams

Lord, bless our congregation, We humbly ask of Thee, That we may walk together in perfect unity. —Fennema

A united church is a strong church

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
WTF..this doesn't need to be posted on a Diesel forum...all for saving the Owls and freedom of religion but come on How about a separation of church and diesel Forums.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
WTF..this doesn't need to be posted on a Diesel forum...all for saving the Owls and freedom of religion but come on How about a separation of church and diesel Forums.
Read the section that it is in:poke:

I like reading those on CompD, we actually have a special section for it.

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Didn't know that this was going to ruffle feathers, but it is in the correct section and if you don't want to read it, then don't! Plain and Simple. I actually posted this off of CompD, just figured that we could use it over here as well. Have a great day!

-French

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Wow! Didn't know that this was going to ruffle feathers, but it is in the correct section and if you don't want to read it, then don't! Plain and Simple. I actually posted this off of CompD, just figured that we could use it over here as well. Have a great day!

-French
Thank you for sharing sir.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Ya sorry didn't notice the section my bad. I apologize

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
March 13

Power of a transformed life

I have appeared appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you.....I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light(Acts 26:16-18).

Scripture: Acts 26:12-18

Song:"Onward Christian Soldiers"

As witnesses, we can give a firsthand account of the work God has done in our lives. But what are the opportunities? They abound whenever we help someone walk through life's difficulties.

I recently visited with my neighbor Heather, who was struggling with marital problems. Though I didn't know exactly what to say, God helped me to simply befriend her. When i needed to speak, the words came naturally. When I suggested that prayer could help her and offered to pray for her, she opened up her life to Christ.

Simply sharing with others how god has transforms our lives is a powerful way to reach. And every Christian's testimony is important. But let us remembr that a large part of our witness comes through In how we live our lives before our neighbors. As Benjamin Franklin once said: "None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing."

Dear Lord, help us to go to others and offer the hope of the gospel. Thank you, for working in my heart and in others' hearts, moving us all to recieve your truth. In all I say and do, may your name be lifted high! Amen.

·
--------
551 Posts
Am I unamerican if I am not christian
It depends how you define "unamerican". If you define it by saying this country was founded by Christians, then yes, you are unamerican. If you define it by the Constitution & Bill of Rights, or the fact that we allow all religions & atheism in this country, then no, you're not unamerican.

But you are an azzhole for asking that question in this thread. I don't go to church, but i have enough respect for those that do to not fukk up their thread with a pointed ridiculous question.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It depends how you define "unamerican". If you define it by saying this country was founded by Christians, then yes, you are unamerican. If you define it by the Constitution & Bill of Rights, or the fact that we allow all religions & atheism in this country, then no, you're not unamerican.

But you are an azzhole for asking that question in this thread. I don't go to church, but i have enough respect for those that do to not fukk up their thread with a pointed ridiculous question.
among you, it is a legitimate question. I feel your anger by being able to read the letters fukk it makes a huge difference from the #### I usually get. lol

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
March 14

Appreciate Today's Blessings

Jonah was very happy about the vine. But at dawn the next day God provided a worm, which chewed the vine so that it withered. When the sun rose, God provided a scorching east wind, and the sun blazed on Jonah's head so that e grew faint. He wanted to die (Jonah 4:6-8)

Scripture: Jonah 3:10-4:11

Song: "The Simple, Earnest Prayer"

When Carol's home burned to the ground, she fell to her knees in shock. Friends from our church rallied around her, providing resources and reassuring her: "Everything's going to be all right." Many difficult days followed, but the Lord helped her through them.

Although Carol missed her lovely family heirlooms, almost everything else was replaceable. "It's amazing how much we take our blessings for granted," she says, "until suddenly they're gone." Her perspective has changed; material things just aren't as importantant to her as they once were.

We know that God allows bad things to happen to good people. And we won't always understand His pourposes. Can't you imagine that Jonah, Job, Joseph-and countless others whom God has loved and used, down to this day- had some questions of their own regarding their sufferings? Yet God was with them all, and remains with us, in the darkest hours.

Dear Father, help me in the times when my faith is being tested, that I might stand and praise you. Through Christ, amen. #

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Father, be with us and guide us so that we may become christians that you made us to be, amen

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
March 15

Number One

Now Thomas...was not with the disciples when Jesus came (John 20:24)

Scripture: John 20:24-29

Song: "Just as I am"

We gathered in the local nursing home, some of the folks in wheelchairs and in the last stages of earthly life. Elderly people have seen a lot, and many scoffed at religion. I was asked to speak to them, and gave each person a folded piece of paper. "Don't open it now! Inside is a number, and that number is God's number for you."

Clarice, 92, but with and active mind, couldn't wait. "I'm number 1!" she cried. The others fumbled to open theirs. "I'm number 1, as well!" "So am I." "So am I!"

We are all number 1 to God. If I were the only person who had ever sinned, Jesus would have gone to the cross...just for me. I do believe that, and I explained that God wants a thoroughly personal response from each of us. When I stand before him, He will look straight at me! For God deals with us on a one-to-one basis, never as an anonymous face is the crowd.

Thomas saw it that day. One of the twelve? Oh, he was much more than that. Thomas was loved for himself. Jesus wanted his personal response.

Father, you give me Your full attention. I give you mine, and I worship you from my heart this day. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen

Remember an Isolated Christian is a Paralyzed Christian!​

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
March 16

Really: What is mine?

David replied, "No, my brothers, you must not do that with what the Lord has given us" (1 Samuel 30:23)

Scripture: 1 Samuel 30:21-31

Song: "Great is thy Faithfulness"

Some Christians were taken hostage in Africa, and one had to share his toothbrush among six people. Sounds horrible, but consider: If all we have is from God, is anything mine to keep? Well then, perhaps we can cheerfully possess a toothbrush-or a house, or a car, or anything we need-in an open not grasping hand.

David was a good politician, a wonderful leader of men. His wisdom flowed from his faith in God and his belief that God alone was his provider. He, like Jesus, set no store on earthly goods. Thus he was free to give up what he had in his hand, so that it might be used for God's purposes.

If I come into a sudden "windfalla" can I let it go, or must I hold on to it all? David's eyes were on God; his men's eyes were on the booty.

When out children were setting out on their own, we advised them to start with a modest lifestyle, so as to be free to take on the real challenges of life. When big decisions have to be made, money should take a back seat. Yes, it should always be the servant and not the master.

Thank you, Father, for all You give. May I make use of what is in my hand, to be used for the advance of Your kingdom wherever You take me this day. In the name of Jesus, Lord and Savior of all, I pray. Amen

An Isolated Christian is a Paralyzed Christian!​

·
blowin coal
32 Posts
man u are doing a awesome job and us christians must persevere when poeple are disrespectful and talk and make fun of us but at least ur doing ur job by spreading the word i love it keep it up and remember the time is near when are father shall take us home

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
March 17

Open to the Blessing!

The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same (Luke 3:11)

Scripture: Luke 3:10-14

Song: "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross"

My husband and I visited Christians in Mozambique during their civil war. A local family owned house in a "safe" town, and we lodged with them there. The parents gave us their own bed and fed us evening meals. After some days we realized that the food on the table was all they could find, and the family ate whatever we left! They also cooked maize for several refugee families, people were sleeping on the floor of their garage because their homes and crops were burned.

During a night raid, soldiers took all our luggage and cash. The local Christians heard about this and gathered a collection for us. They were hungry and had nothing, but many gave in order to help us. What a humbling and blessed experience!

I am asked to share what God has given me. But, of course, sometimes I am tempted to hang on to what I have. Can you relate? After all, I've earned it, and I'm entitled to have it. But obedience enriches me. It opens the door to ever more blessing, on and on and on.

O God, give me the wisdom and the grace to help others with the things that You have placed into my hands. It is hard to let go, Lord. But help me to remember how completely You gave everything for me, through Your precious Son, my Savior. In His holy name I pray. Amen.

An Isolated Christian is a Paralyzed Christian​

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
March 18

Can you let Go?

As long as the son of Jesse lives on this earth, neither you nor your kingdom will be established. Now send and bring him to me, for he must die! (1 Samuel 20:31)

Scripture: 1 Samuel 20: 30-42

Song: “Seek the Lord who now is Present”

Is it wrong to have ambition, to set a goal and work towards it? Maybe. For example, suppose that ambition is for your children. Recently an Asian girl here in England was killed by her family because she refused to enter into an arranged marriage. The parents made their daughters plans, but the daughter had been exposed to a different way of life and could not agree. They lost a daughter and their lives were devastated.

Saul had ambition for Jonathan, to see him become the next king. But Saul’s ambition was thwarted. He knows that God had chosen David, but he refused God’s choice and actually fought against the Lord.

When I allow my ambitions to cloud my judgment, I run into fear and hatred. I’ll irrationally oppose anyone or anything that stands in the way. That’s when I must ask myself: why do I want that person to just go away? Is it because he stands in the way of my ambitions? Surely, it’s better if I recognize that my ambition has clashed with God’s plan. (Suggestion: Let go and see Him work thing out for good.)

Lord, I will trust you to work in all my circumstances for good. Though you, I can love even those who seem to oppose me. In Jesus’ name, amen.

An Isolated Christian is a paralyzed Christian!​

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
March 19

Six Big Policemen

Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble (Romans 14:20)

Scripture: Romans 14: 13-21

Song: “I’m Accepted, I’m Forgiven”

One night while on duty at the hospital, my husband, Alan, received a call that the police were bringing in a violent psychiatric patient. “Be ready!” they said. Alan stood at the hospital doors as the police van approached. It backed up and opened to reveal a struggling man on the floor, heavily restrained by six big policemen.

Alan looked into the patient’s face and recognized an old patient. “Hello, Bill,” he said, taking him by the hand. To the amazement of the policemen, Alan led him gently into the hospital.

“What was all that about, Bill?”

“Well thing about it. What would you do if you had six big policemen all trying to sit on you?” the man simply needed to be understood.

It makes me wonder: do I sometime make the gospel too difficult? That is, do I try to push people into becoming what I thing is a proper Christian? Sometimes all that’s needed is a gentle hand to lead them into friendship- with me and with my savior.

Dear God, teach me to examine my life and remove anything that may be a stumbling block to those who are seeking You. Today, show me when to speak and when not to speak. Thank You, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

An Isolated Christian is a Paralyzed Christian!​

1 - 20 of 23 Posts