Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a D66 Turbo and also for some reccomendations if the D66 is right for me..and also im buying a set of baby swaps injectors in the next week ive heard i have too have an intercooler is this true do you reccomend it? and Ive heard that i can use the one off of a 6.0 could someone direct me to where i need to get this stuff thanks!

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
D66 you can get from BDP. Yes, I would recommend putting an intercooler on before you put the turbo on. You can get those from any old PSD that has a 6.0 or a 7.3, salvage/junk yard, member selling them. You need a intake manfiold from a early 99 model and IC pipes. Intake manifold from a late99 model won't work.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So before getting the D66 i need a intercooler from any 7.3 or 6.0 and a intake manifold correct?

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
So before getting the D66 i need a intercooler from any 7.3 or 6.0 and a intake manifold correct?
You need an intake manifold from an early 99 model and an intercooler from a 6.0 or 7.3, they both work, and piping.

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
I have an early 99 intake spyder if your interested. Then you will need the intercooler and piping. I also have a banks set up with the twin ram intake style and the piping that bolts right up to an obs but again you would still need the cooler. I have someone interested in the banks stuff but if they dnt come through your more than welcome to it.

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
If you're not towing something very heavy, I wouldn't worry about the intercooler for just tooling around.
Mine has survived hybrids for almost a year now with no intercooler.
I have all the parts, just no time to put it on.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
That's good to know actually, that you don't run an intercooler with hybrids and a d66. I've always been told stage 2's is a no no without an intercooler, let alone a bigger turbo and sticks. You're just proof for me that it's not true. :)

What has your EGT's peaked at so far, out of curiosity?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You can always control the EGTs with the right foot, but having an IC is a good thing for more efficient running... Beyond stock injs with smaller turbos there is more than enough fuel to get hot with or without an IC. I'm hoping that when I eventually get the d66 myself, my right foot can be a little less smart with a load...

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
You can run Stage 2's and a D66 and do anything you want with the right tuning but it wont be as fun as with a cooler. With Stage 2's you will bury a 1600 degree pyro in a matter of a couple seconds in a hot tune with no IC so you just got to watch that right foot.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
X2 I almost have no ic and have stage 3s and a D66

·
joe moore
23 Posts
im running a the 66 and stage 2's with intercooler my egts never get to bad im thinking about getting a non intercooled spider off a PSD van and just using it after i order the new turbo this week hopefully

1 - 13 of 13 Posts