Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a d66 hold 230's mabe if i had beans due my tuneing?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
Well ill let someone else chime in on the original question but i will say that thru live tuning jonathon was able to make my 238/100's compatible w my stock charger.. that was over a year ago and about 3000 miles...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Well ill let someone else chime in on the original question but i will say that thru live tuning jonathon was able to make my 238/100's compatible w my stock charger.. that was over a year ago and about 3000 miles...
What hp are you pushing?

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
Uhh, when it was tuned originally last may, w stock fuel, oil jonathon was able to get 381/820 from it. Hasnt been on the rollers since then, but its much stronger now...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Uhh, when it was tuned originally last may, w stock fuel, oil jonathon was able to get 381/820 from it. Hasnt been on the rollers since then, but its much stronger now...
Yea. This sounds good but with all the supporting mods to max them out what would it do...

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
Not that much lol! Honestly im not sure... it saw 48psi a few times but im not very hard on the truck so its still in great shape.
Now i know there are a couple trucks runnin d66's w bdp'stunes making 500... ya oughta give them a call and talk to Matt or jonathon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
there was another thread about this, and the answer was if you get a customer tune from beans that lowers the drive pressure it will work just fine and won't kill the turbo. Someone was pushing over 500hp with the D66 and hybrids, n it was a daily driver.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
I'm sure you could, but why? Why not just get a turbo that will match up better, or get injectors that would match up better? Whats the deal with running the biggest injectors you can on a truck not setup for em, seen a lot of it lately for some reason..........

Not knocking, just throwin it out there.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I'm sure you could, but why? Why not just get a turbo that will match up better, or get injectors that would match up better? Whats the deal with running the biggest injectors you can on a truck not setup for em, seen a lot of it lately for some reason..........

Not knocking, just throwin it out there.
I got a sledge hammer setting on the shelf just be nice to know...

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
There are a few guys running that set up or similar. You can always have Jonathon tune your injectors down. The site says it's not recommended for those injectors but there are ppl that run them. I think thed66 turbos have problems with the thrust bearing when you get too many psi.

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
I ran stock b-codes and a D66 in my early 99 for 2 years (daily driven) with no problems. I had DP tunes and it got 450/950 on the dyno. When I sold the truck, the turbo was as tight as the day I installed it. It did run pretty high EGT's, but they were managable if you paid attention.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts