Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
redneck engineer
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright i got some guys arguin with me over this which is better im sayin the d66 the other is sayin the h2e just the regular not the modded let me know wat u think

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Depends on your future plans and what you do with the truck. Whats your goals and do you tow alot?

·
redneck engineer
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my plans are stage ones mabey twos and an adrenaline pump with a rr and elec pump and i dot hardly tow at all its just my dd

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Which is better...the h2e for sure. The h2e is going to take a lot more to install. I don't know if anyone makes a kit to even run that turbo without an intercooler. The d66 should be fine with stg. 1's. Personally I wouldn't bother if you go with 2's.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like my h2 it is tuff tuff tuff I have pushed it way out of its map alot and its still there... but it is alot more work to put on!!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I've had my D-66 for about a year and have been very happy with it. I have swamps babies(150’s) and his tunes. It tow's great and runs great in general. And it just bolts on :)

·
Hardcore Redneck
221 Posts
I dont have either, but I am always a fan off something that will bolt up directly w/ no modification. My .02

·
Registered
998 Posts
I believe the Hypermax kit for the OBS PSD is set up for no intercooler.

Rusty

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
If you dont tow and only going stage 2s I would do the d66.

·
redneck engineer
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont have either, but I am always a fan off something that will bolt up directly w/ no modification. My .02
thats what i was kinda thinkin and by the way u guys are talkin the h2e sounds like a pita to install

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Its not to bad to install. I think its easier then the stock turbo. But why pay the extra money when you dont need to.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Only problem I see. When you get the D66, you have done all you can with that turbo. When you get the H2E, when you want to upgrade (and you know you will), you have tons of options. For those few, that will never want to upgrade (not a bad thing at all). The D66 is made to order.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
the hardest part about the h2e install is gettin the stock stuff off. the nice thing about the reg h2e is it doesnt mind being run w/ 240cc/200% injectors.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
We have made 530hp with a D66, key really is all in the tuning. I have had guys go from a D66 to a standard H2 and really like the D66 better. They said it spooled quicker and cooled better, modify the H2 then its a different story. Standard H2 is a 62mm inducer compared to the 66mm on a D66 so obviouslythe D66 flows more air.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We have made 530hp with a D66, key really is all in the tuning. I have had guys go from a D66 to a standard H2 and really like the D66 better. They said it spooled quicker and cooled better, modify the H2 then its a different story. Standard H2 is a 62mm inducer compared to the 66mm on a D66 so obviouslythe D66 flows more air.
Thats dam good 530hp how much fule? If ya dont mind me askin..:D

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Will stock injectors or stage ones even spool a modded h2e?

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
ive ran a 66mm mod h2e with stock AB's while my big inj were getting worked over and had no problems spooling it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts