Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is everyone doing for the left side u-bolts when you dont have the cast u-bolt bracket?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Go to the Ford Dealer & order a new one for about $50.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Thats all they are? Any part number
No, I had it written down one time but lost it. They asked me if it had the sway bar attached to it. So I would assume that one was ment for the SD. You will just have to go into the dealer & bug the parts guy for about 15-20 mins.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
PM TomS for the part number, I just sent it to him. However, someone posted that the clamshell bracket was no longer serviced by Ford, so it may be a wrecking yard item only.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM TomS for the part number, I just sent it to him. However, someone posted that the clamshell bracket was no longer serviced by Ford, so it may be a wrecking yard item only.
Thats what i was thinking

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i got the part number # E5TA-5A316-AA and it is no longer available from Ford from what i can find

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Well i got the part number # E5TA-5A316-AA and it is no longer available from Ford from what i can find

Do a dealer search, a lot of discontinued items sit for years on shelves but remain a part of inventory.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my dealer is doing that as we speak

·
Registered
116 Posts
check on the 60's under the front of the older fords. like the 70's body style they have the part your talking about also. an those old things are a dime a dozen.

·
Heath
441 Posts
I got one of an 80's gasser with the 44 front(I think) The bell housing had a hole for one of the U bolts---Fit was good on the 60

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got one of an 80's gasser with the 44 front(I think) The bell housing had a hole for one of the U bolts---Fit was good on the 60
Ford didnt use a solid axle 44 so it must of come off D60

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
They did have Dana 44s on the pre-79 F250s, 8 lugs. But once again we are back to the 70s & not an 86+.

·
Registered
542 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts