61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I do not think I had to.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Quite likely you would have to clean the powercoating out of the hole.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Registered
965 Posts
Jason from AZ,

Maybe you've changed trucks but did you change from 4.5" and X codes with your 37's and now you have 3.5 and V codes with 35s?

I now plan to run the 37s (am told they measure 36") and would prefer V or U codes.

Did you need the 3.5 and X for clearance or just preferred the look?

I don't want to lift any more than necessary, but still have good clearance and as soft of springs as practical.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Using an RSK, how do you get the front lifted say 6"...while using V-Code springs...i just so happen to have an 02 F250 with springs front and rear. But want a total of 6" clearance to fit 37's...is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Jason from AZ,

Maybe you've changed trucks but did you change from 4.5" and X codes with your 37's and now you have 3.5 and V codes with 35s?

I now plan to run the 37s (am told they measure 36") and would prefer V or U codes.

Did you need the 3.5 and X for clearance or just preferred the look?

I don't want to lift any more than necessary, but still have good clearance and as soft of springs as practical.
Unless you have very low offset wheels (causing you to rub springs like crazy) 4.5" and x codes will be needed. I know this is an old thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are the SD leaf springs the same width as the OBS leaf springs? Just curious as I'm about to buy lift blocks so my SD Spring conversion and wasn't sure to get the obs blocks or the SD blocks or if there isn't a difference at all between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Been researching and can’t seem to find what years of rear springs can be used on my OBS sig truck. On my red truck I used 2003 SD springs and was wondering what late model ones might work? Have installed a PMF 3.5 RSK in the front with MY 2000 V codes (5200lbs), for now gonna use stock springs with 5” blocks and air bags in the rear. It’s getting more challenging to find the early SD parts where I live that are in reasonable shape.

TIA,

j

61 - 70 of 70 Posts