Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I never trust bolts....seen way to many fail.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I have 3 3/4" bolts and 3 1/2" bolts per side, I really do feel that it should be plenty with the bottom plate and side plates of the RSK up tight to the frame. The 1/2" holes were drilled through the RSK for a tight hole fit. I might have gone ahead with welding if I was planning on off road use.

·
Registered
215 Posts
so in the end....how much do you have in your swap, not including your d60......I really wanna do this, do to needing new hangers in the rear cuz mine are rusting, so while Im at it, I my as well do the swap

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
so in the end....how much do you have in your swap, not including your d60......I really wanna do this, do to needing new hangers in the rear cuz mine are rusting, so while Im at it, I my as well do the swap
It all depends on if you buy New/ Used springs and if you used SEA hardware or Ford metric stuff

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would buy new springs and sea hardware

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Depending on your discount at ford for the springs and what exactly the hardware will cost you the PMF RSK can vary on what options you want and what height you want

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wanna go with the 5 1/2 or whatever it is...I wanna keep my 37s on

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welding doesn't hurt the frame....I'd stich weld but its your truck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
sweet thanks man!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
As good as a kit that PMF makes I saw one downfall, and it was not in fabrication. The powdercoat didnt hold up very long. It was already chipping off around the edges of parts by the time it was all installed. I havent messed with many powdercoated parts, maybe its normal, but I wouldnt think so. That was the only thing I didnt like.
Didn't remove the laser oxide and no/poor pretreat. Save your money and get it raw.

·
Registered
79 Posts
PMF 4.5" RSK, X code fronts, Icon 5" rear leafs and running 37s... will clear no problem
I know its an old thread but hows the ride with the X codes, i'm in the middle of this same swap right now. Can't really go back but just for a heads up.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts