Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K I got what I feel was a pretty good deal on a D60, but it is missing a spindle and I am not sure what brackets if any it comes with. So I have a couple questions.

Will a spindle off of a TTB fit onto the D60? I know that the hubs are interchangeable but I am not sure about the spindle.

How similiar are the Track bar components of a SD D50 to the D60 stuff?
I have a few SD friends that I could use as references to build my own brackets I think if they are pretty similar. And will a SD track bar swap out for a D60 one? O'reillys sells them for a reasonable price, so I was wondering if I could go that route?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
The d50 spindle will bolt to the D60 but it does not truely fit. The lip on the d50 spindle will not engage the d60 knuckle completely.

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So don't do it I guess?

·
Registered
85 Posts
it depends on the year dana 60 you have. if its a ball joint 60 the spindle is the same if its king pin its no go. the track bar setup on superduty trucks is totaly different

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy says it's out of a '90, so that means kingpin I assume.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
K I got what I feel was a pretty good deal on a D60, but it is missing a spindle and I am not sure what brackets if any it comes with. So I have a couple questions.

Will a spindle off of a TTB fit onto the D60? I know that the hubs are interchangeable but I am not sure about the spindle.

How similiar are the Track bar components of a SD D50 to the D60 stuff?
I have a few SD friends that I could use as references to build my own brackets I think if they are pretty similar. And will a SD track bar swap out for a D60 one? O'reillys sells them for a reasonable price, so I was wondering if I could go that route?
Spindle will bolt on but is not quite right for your application

Track bars and mounts are COMPLETLY diffenent between a OBS and a SD

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
it depends on the year dana 60 you have. if its a ball joint 60 the spindle is the same if its king pin its no go. the track bar setup on superduty trucks is totaly different
The spindles are close but not totally the same. The inner lip on the 60s are longer.

Spindle will bolt on but is not quite right for your application

Track bars and mounts are COMPLETLY diffenent between a OBS and a SD
:whs:

Grant, you can swap manual lockout hubs & bearings & that's about it between a 50 - 60.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
The track bar from the 86-97 is the same, the 99+ are different.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang, it looks so close too:doh:. Well thanks for the pics it helped alot. I will upload some picture of the axle once photobucket works again. Turns out I need for sure a track bar, chassis side track bar mount, spindle, pinion bearing and U-bolts, but it is has 4:10 gears and and warn manual hubs so I think I did ok.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Dang, it looks so close too:doh:. Well thanks for the pics it helped alot. I will upload some picture of the axle once photobucket works again. Turns out I need for sure a track bar, chassis side track bar mount, spindle, pinion bearing and U-bolts, but it is has 4:10 gears and and warn manual hubs so I think I did ok.
Pinion bearing?

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pinion bearing?
Um, the bearing the pinion rides in went bad, which caused damage to the pinion and ring gear. Not sure what it is called.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Um, the bearing the pinion rides in went bad, which caused damage to the pinion and ring gear. Not sure what it is called.
Ok. Pinion bearing. You had me confused, because you didnt list that it needed a ring and pinion too. Hope you got the axle for cheap needing all of that

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok. Pinion bearing. You had me confused, because you didnt list that it needed a ring and pinion too. Hope you got the axle for cheap needing all of that
When I bought it I didn't realize it was bad:doh:, I had a friend pick it up and I told him to use his best judgement. I think the price was ok but I'm not sure. I am hoping I can get it going for under $600 but we'll see.

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got it for $250, I thought it was an awesome deal, then I thought I got ripped off, now I am pretty sure it was still a good deal:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
just reading through agian thats not a 90 kingpin axle its a later balljoint axle so your spindles from the 50 will work

1 - 20 of 51 Posts