Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding installing D-ring shackles on the front of my 03 F250 in place of the factory tow hooks. When I purchased my truck, it didn't have the factory tow hooks due to previously having a plow installed. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to install shackles in the same location as the factory hooks, and if so, how did you do it? I've tried to search the forums, but I can't seem to find anything on these with a stock bumper, just aftermarket bumpers.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
254 Posts
The stock hooks just bolt through the frame/spring hanger, seems you could build a mount that bolted up in the same place but have never seen an aftermarket one. The stock bumper is really too thin to mount one to, guess you could gusset the back and attach to the frame like the front receiver hitches...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AK1, I am considering making my own mounts, I have access to a mill and have the capability, I was just wondering if anyone has done it so as to have some ideas to start with. I did find that bigas####ches.com offers a shackle kit that clamps onto the original tow hooks, but the smallest shackle they offer is a 17 ton and that's way too big for what I want.

Lens, I've looked at the truck and it seems that they would actually only hit the lower valance which is plastic, therefore the noise would be suppressed. Couple that with rubber isolators on the pin, and they would be virtually quiet.

I took some measurements today and will probably end up fabricating my own to use the stock mounting holes.

Thanks for your replies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts